1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

questions on 3D printing and effect on the hobby industry

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by JackG, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

It was aimed at rkapuaala who kept telling Wayne he missed the point despite Wayne apologising, I didn't even entertain your posts and certainly didn't accuse you of poking him. You have seen and read what you wanted to read, with a true colours response
    Regards
    the idiot :)
  2. zodiac Active Member

Graham go take a long walk of a short pier, you're an arrogant insulting self promoting whining windbag, you decided to pick this fight with me. I was contributing to the thread.
  3. zodiac Active Member

Either way Graham the whole thread has been reduced to a waste of time, if you found the thread heavy to begin with why did you wade in? You were a bit flamey. Have you done any 3D work or seen it done? Whoever you were replying to as Wayne got a bit 'angry' at me it is reasonable to assume you were talking to me as I was trying to explain 3d to Wayne too, if I missed this then apologies all round. Also I wasn't being 'tekkie' I just assumed people were familiar with the basic printing processes as this isn't exactly exclusive magic information. For the life of me I just don't understand why each time this topic is raised people on here get very polarized and judgmental. There seems to be not the merest hint of curiosity just instant hostility to anything perceived as 'tekkie' then the subtle insults begin and before long there's a playground spat. I made a valid contribution at the start about 3D printing that's all, not expecting the idiotic blowback. It would have been nice to just have an adult discussion on here. As a business man you should be open and aware of any new technology that is related to your field, not only software but materials etc. Even if you don't have a need for it something like this should pique your curiosity. As I understand it this is a hobby forum and most figure people on here don't have a need for this technology nor ever will. It's more for manufacturers and those who actually sculpt and make patterns professionally. If the costs and overall quality of printing come down then things may change, that's progress. It will never replace traditional sculpting or casting that's one myth out of the water. comic club came on and showed us some fantastic print outs, I learned from him, this is what it should be about, sharing and learning.
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Well Wayne since you are addressing me let me start out by responding to all your issues.
  5. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Sorry, I can't edit the last post I was talking to Gra30
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    As I said before in a previous post.....Let's just shake hands and call it a friendly conversation.Sorry I even jumped into this.
    So my final reply is to say this.............To one and all...Have a real great holiday and may God be with us all......Wayne
  7. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Wayne, I always thought it was a conversation. You have a great holiday as well :)