Questions about the 3d products

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Chris Kelm, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Chris Kelm Active Member

United-States
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to know more about the 3d sculpting. When I look at all of your sculptures they look so smooth,are they that smooth when they come out of the printer?
    If they are not how does one make them smooth?
    I am normally a resin figure painter and with that in mind is 3d printing as detailed oriented as resin?
    What makes 3d printing so popular?
    Thank you.
    Chris
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Printing result depends on quality of print preparation (let's say 5%) and quality (resolution) of the printer (let's say 95%).
    There are more than one type of printers, but not gonna bother You with the technology.
    If You want smooth print on miniature You have to look for a printer with 15 micron resolution or less. Then the prints have no printing lines (at least not visible with naked eye).
    That's pretty rough, but basically that's it :)
    And If You are resin figure painter chances are You already painted the figure that was produced in 3D (digitally) :)