1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Question

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Figurenfreund66, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Planeteers

Whoever knows this character? I know that it is danei Drum Major Goodman, who has an eye height of 110 mm, used to be a limited edition of a British (?) Publisher.
    If anyone knew the former, or aktiúellen purchase price, I would be very grateful!
    Cheers
    Hendryk

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Hendryk, if my memory serves me correctly Art Girona do this figure.

Roger.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  4. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi roger

no it isn´t Art Girona .

Hendryk
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've just been comparing them and come to the same conclusion... I had better keep looking. :confused:
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  7. Funky50 Guest

I believe that this may be a portrait figure of Drum Major Goodman of the London Scottish Regiment sculpted by David Grieve for Realmodels in 100mm scale that is according to my Master modellers book by Robin Smith....(But I could be wrong)
    billyturnip and Rich Sculpts like this.
  8. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I believe its a David Grieve...
  9. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You beat me to it !
    Funky50 likes this.
  10. Funky50 Guest

Sorry Rich........Are we right? By the way used to love Davids stuff...It's what got me into the hobby That and Almond Sculptures...
  11. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks Rich and Funky - indeed i think you are correct . The Seller could be Real Models ! And it is Drum Major Goodman from the London Scottish .
    I became this information from an other Friend !

Hendryk
    Funky50 likes this.
  12. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    We are spot on...
  13. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    umm1.jpg Here is a picture of Goodman.
  14. polyphemus Well-Known Member

The figure was definitely sculpted by David Grieve & released by Realmodels as a limited edition back in 1979/80. Each figure had its number within the edition engraved under the base of the kit, the one I have carries the number 468. It was claimed at the time that once the edition was complete the moulds etc would be destroyed. This was to be the first of a series of limited editions produced to a constant scale so the size of the figure would vary depending on the subject but I don't recall any other releases. The figure was accompanied by a sample of the uniform cloth as a painting guide. David Grieve did of course sculpt several other figures for Realmodels around the same time.

Following the demise of Realmodels the range appeared under the Premier Productions brand in the second half of the 1980's along with figures from Terry Worster etc. & I think this figure was included but not as a limited edition. Premier Productions themselves vanished a few years later and I think that some of the figures might have surfaced within the Rosedale Figurines range for a time on the 1990's but I'm not completely sure about this.

I haven't seen any sign of this or other Realmodel figures in current production for a few years.

Geoff
  15. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Foxwood Figures have the rubber moulds for some of the AQM range.

Mike
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Helm likes this.
  17. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Its the RealModels figure...massive and heavy but well ahead of its time quality wise. Even came with a swatch of Hoden Gray cloth to aid in painting the uniform. May have to paint mine now!
  18. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    A little dishonourable to sell the molds if they claimed that they would be destroyed. I am always wary about buying Ltd Edition anything including prints, books and figures for that reason. But I don ahve some items that truly are limited and worth having including a book on Napoleon's marshals/generals (one of 1,000) that would likely crush my coffee table if I tried to put the book on it.

Colin
  19. waterloo1815 Active Member

United-States
    I also have the figure in my GREAT GRAY ARMY w/ the patch of cloth!! When it first was released - Real Models did it - then sold to Premier Productions {??} !! GREAT figure !! Some day I might even try to paint it!! Dave
  20. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks a lot friends !

Now I just need a financially strong buyers! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Hendryk