1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Question on Darius Tiger I

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ortigara, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Ortigara Member

Hallo everybody,

I have recently purchased this wedgie from Darius (by the way, some of you may remember I posted a thread as I was not able to reach DariusMiniatures, I eventually managed to do that and easily purchased a couple of their products, excellent service).

Now, I have to admit I am a complete ignorant on tanks... My knowledge does not go beyond the notion that this is a Tiger I.

Can anyone please help me to understand what model specifically this is and where I could set this? Kursk? Kharkov? Africa? I am inclined to think that this might not be set later in the war, although I would actually like to set it Normandy or the Ardennes.

Another question: could this indifferently be an SS or a Wermacht beast?Any hints on possible units?

I have to decide which figures to put on it (likely Alpine), so any initial guidance from this forum would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,

Alessandro
  2. Ortigara Member

sorry, the files!

Attached Files:

3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Playing it safe if you want accuracy, anywhere from around mid 1943 should work for what you have there.

Not North Africa, only the early models with the Feifel air filters went there and this doesn't have them.

- Steve
    pmfs likes this.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Also only a handful of Tiger 1s saw action in the Ardennes. It's Tiger IIs (King Tigers) and Panthers that are more synonymous with that battle.

edit: Just googled (didn't know it off the top of my head) and it was one company (4. Kompanie) of schwere Panzer-Abteilung 506 that fought in the Ardennes with Tiger 1s. So research the markings and colour scheme and you're good to go if that's what you want to do.

- Steve
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!

This Darius wedgie is a Tiger I Ausf.E (early production). You might use him in Kursk, Africa and Kharkov without problems.
    Here you could see many profiles with camouflage schemes in all fronts.

Cheers
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Sorry, Steve are right you cant use in Africa...:facepalm:
    I add more profiles, 2 Tigers in Leningrad area and 2 Tigers of Kampfgrupp Fehrmann in 1945.

Cheers
  7. Ortigara Member

Thanks Steve, Thanks Pmfs,very useful informatio

Regards,

Alessandro
  8. maya8 Member

Canada
    Hello,

The absence of zimmerit limits it to Kursk and the fallout of this battle until Fall 1943. Hand-applied Zimmerit started to appear in August-Sep 1943 (not all tanks had it). All tanks built after Dec 1943 had factory-applied zimmerit I believe, until Sep 1944.

Cheers,

Patrick
    Babelfish likes this.
  9. Ortigara Member

Thanks Patrick!
    Alessandro