1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Question for the oil guys

Discussion in 'Oils' started by samson, Nov 27, 2016.

1. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have not painted anything for a bit but when I get back into it I want to clean up some pieces I have started . That said I was playing around with some oils before I quit painting and not really knowing what I was doing I really like the way they looked and the working time was also a plus for me . The below piece was one of the unfinished pieces I have and one of the first I will start on again . Can anyone tell me what colors they would use for the bone and the teeth . I know the helmet will have to be dulled down and maybe add some scratches . And a wash . it's the bone and teeth I will have a problem with really kinda of looking forward to using oils . They might just work for me .thanks IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0624.JPG
  2. Buckledresin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    maybe buff titanium for base then white /yellow highs and wash burnt umber for recesses................ or just do what i do keep slinging paint till ya get what ya like lol :D:D
    clrsgt, samson and OldTaff like this.
  3. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    You might try some raw umber with Naples yellow. Sepia can give some interesting washes.;)
    clrsgt and samson like this.
  4. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    thanks gents might take a crack at it this weekend .