1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Question about Painting Masters for Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Rob Brown, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    I have a question related to painting a master of a new figure kit for a model company. A friend of mine has been approached about painting the Masters for several 12" sports related statues and is unsure of what to charge for this service as it is the first time he has had such an offer. If anyone has any advice or input about the range of charges for such a service feel free to post or to PM me about it. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter. :)
  2. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Rob,

check eg. www.seilmodel.com and see what they charge for a pro painted figure (choose one, at the bottom you'll find the price, but not at every product, so try a few). Consider scale, quality, that it's gonna be an official box photo etc.
    Also, propably someone with presonal experience will give you a better idea. (And you really don't have to hide it that it's you :) )

Denes
  3. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Sorry Denes, but it is not myself. I wish I could say it was but alas, I am not that talented. :D