1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Controversial! +13 Question about brushes...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by pmfs, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Basically and controversially I don't give a shit.
    Brian
    tomifune likes this.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

but you should(n)
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I don't see why ,as if I questioned the well being of the sable then I would spend my life questioning everything else the human being uses on a daily basis from the animal world.An endless task no doubt.
    Brian
    megroot likes this.
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Remember Brian is 66 years old [IMG] :sneaky:
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    But "we" should avoid in the hobby because there are other options that respect animals rights.
    Regarding other things that is commom in life we humans can also make a difference trying to know where products come from and how are manufactured. This is not impossible believe me.
    Law of supply and demand. If no one seek these types of products they would end up in a short time.

Happy painting!;)
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

It's never too late to start.;)
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Steve. I'm 67 now so I grumble more.Having a couldn't give a f*** attitude is a blessing you inherit when you get old.My family's future is a whole different matter.
    Must go now as I've got to spend my pension on saving a "Snow Leopard"
    Are you going to Sword and Lance in Darlington Steve?????My wife loves the wee grumpy man as she reckons he's a dead ringer of me.
    Brian
    Helm likes this.
  8. At least it's an honest reply from the company which is refreshing.

I think it's worth knowing so you can make an informed choice..and if you don't give a shit well that's freedom of choice isn't it. You have that, lucky for you.
    pmfs likes this.
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Captain sprout, I'm been waiting for other responses, soon I get them I post here.
    I reported some replies of this thread because they dont add nothing positive and construtive to the original post and so should be the same "spoken" in private.(n)
    Sorry!

Pedro
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I do apologise profusely Pedro for having the audacity of upsetting you over the Sable .I just thought I was exercising what we call over here"freedom of speech".I wholeheartily promise not to upset you in the future.
    I would be obliged if you could post a list of all your sensitivities, as I would hate to comment on some subject that may upset you and have you reporting me again.
    Kind regards
    Brian
    Don likes this.
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Wot Brian said I would wear sack cloth and ashes but it's at the cleaners
    Steve
    Don likes this.
  12. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    What was deleted was something that had nothing to do with the topic - so, freedom of speech was kept.
    Freedom of speech must be contained in such situations, is basic!:stop:
    My sensibilities were unaffected sir, yours appear to have been.
    Any other relevant response from you or other members on this subject is more than welcome.

Thanks for your understanding.
  13. Don Well-Known Member

I am more than a trifle annoyed about Camel hair for brushes. Where does the hair come from? Having worked in seven different deserts and seen many thousands of camels I have never seen a camel being shaved, nor have I seen a camel barbers shop.
    What if I was to tell you they are slaughtered for meat and some piece may be used for brushes!

Now about the wood used for handles, where does that..............

Don
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Don!
    Vallejo mention Camel hair but i think is from Pony.
    Following Mr.Carson's video...
    Still awaiting for Vallejo and Rosemary feedback's.
    I think the wood came from legal sources, escoda mention that wood came from Italy.
    Thanks for the input.

Pedro.
  15. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    You've lost me now Pedro, as I haven't a clue what was deleted that offended you.Be rest assured my sensibilities remain intact as I don't really give a toss. You seem to be a sensitive soul and you could put your theories to better use other than sable brushes which I've been using for over 25 years and know that they're the best there is.I've tried numerous different brushes over the years only because they're cheaper,but to no avail.W&N series 7 are the only brushes I will use until someone campaigns on the sable's behalf and put's a stop to the taking of their tail hairs!!!!
    I don't know why I'm even bothering in posting on this particular thread as I'm bored with it,but there's always someone who comes up with ethical topics such as yours which I find annoying,so I bid you farewell and intend to get on with the rest of my life.I suggest you should do the same.
    Brian
  16. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I'm thinking that this thread has run its course so I am going to close it down now. Thank you Pedro for bringing an issue I was not aware of to my attention.

Colin
    pmfs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.