1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Queensland Hobbies Model Expo 2021 pics posted

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MrBMB, Aug 23, 2021.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

Queensland Hobbies Model Expo - QMHE 2021 Figures
    If you're on YouTube leave me a like :)
    Martin64, OldTaff and oldtrousers like this.
  2. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    An outstanding body of work from all concerned. Well done, chaps.....onward and upward (y):happy:

Alan
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Just fantastic to see this

Great to see the variety and I have no doubt the quality of the show

Enjoyable to watch

Have you pics of the prize winning pieces ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for sharing. Can see the young fantasy group are really leading the way in number and quality of entries. Some amazing pieces there. Trust this continues to encourage others to give figures ago.
    Is that your Arnie figure on thumbnail?

Good to see Macca’s historical work well represented.
    Have you got a still to share of the “Reflections of Poziers” small vignette?
    Looks a poignant piece.
    MikeTheKiwi
    Macca G and Nap like this.
  5. MrBMB A Fixture

Hi Mike
    No Arnie is not mine YouTube just picks a pic I don't choose because I don't put Ads on my YouTube channel.
    “Reflections of Poziers” sorry mate I did about three hours of taking photos and what you see is what I took pretty much. I have put other sections on my YouTube channel ( more sections coming) if you would like to see other entries from the show. I agree the fantasy paint ups were amazing this year and a joy to look at. As I get older I find looking at pics of the show on my computer more enjoyable as you just cant take it all in at the show and my eyes aren't as good as they once were :(
    I also have older QMHEs going all the way back to 2007 if you would like to see older comps on my YouTube QMHE playlist :)
    Nap and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  6. MrBMB A Fixture

Here some I took Mike
    1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
    Martin64, Old Pete, OldTaff and 2 others like this.
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    That’s nicely done - scale?
    What figures were used mate?
    Don’t look like Tommy’s & some nice detail in that little scene.
    Bean’s quote adds to poignancy.
    MikeTheKiwi
    OldTaff and Nap like this.
  8. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Mike that Pozieres Dio was done with Tamiya 1/35 British Figures with Australian Heads (Not sure where from).
    Our fantasy section has exploded of late with a lot of younger and more female artists coming through.
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.
  9. MrBMB A Fixture

More pics from the show if interested :)
    Mike - The Kiwi and Nap like this.