1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Queen Kapiolani

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by RKapuaala, Nov 8, 2011.

1. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I started this the other day, but I'm reaching a sculptor block.
    kapiolani7-8ths.jpg
    I am working from this image. But it is not a full image so I have been trying to find examples of womens Victorian Gowns to determine what the rest of the dress.
    394692042_o.jpg
    I'm using this image to get an idea of what she looked like from the right side, but I can't find any left side images of her.
    kapiolanism.jpg
    This is what I have so far and I am stumped. Everything needs more work but I feel like I can't move on till I can get an idea of what the dress looked like on the bottom and in back.
    I would appreciate any and all information about where I can find samples of this dress and any opinions and tips on my work as it progresses.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl, unfortunately I could not find anything that was similar or that gave me enough views of the dress to move forward. Of particular difficulty is the lace around the shoulders and bosoms. Then there is the bustle and that weird looking apron that wraps around her.
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I need some critique on the dress and the patterns. It is very hard to get much detail from the photos I am using so I messed with the alpha channels and contrast and identified some shapes that appear to be embroidery and some that appear to be knit or croquet.
    I'm looking for some good solid critism on proportions and everything before I move on to the bussel.
    IMAG0182.jpg