1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Queen Boudicca of the Iceni

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by bistray, May 25, 2014.

1. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    many thanks Bootneck

Martin, like many things on this build i have had loads of discussions and questions that i have tried to get answered about various bits. Regarding the harness, there are parts of harnesses that have been discovered although none complete. When they made the reconstruction one the only part of the harness they used was the part that goes around the girth, they found that after a while it started to slip back so they added a chest strap, that stopped the girth strap moving back but they then found the yoke tended to slip so they added a second chest strap that connected to the yoke. The rear part that i have added is just for show really
    theBaron likes this.
  2. weather wax Member

England
    Hi Bisray just to dam brilliant great work.one thing did you sculpt the horses.and do you have any copy's
    George
  3. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi George, many thanks for the kind words, the horses are converted not my own original sculpts, i am at present sculpting a basic standing horse in 120mm which i will get moulds made up for for any future builds
  4. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Hi Paul, I'm not sure how to express my feelings. If I would just say 'Great!' it's .... well it's much more than 'great'. And thank you very for the SBS. (y)

Martin
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding piece, Paul! And it's very instructive for me, from your scratchbuilding on the chariot, figures and horses, to the bits of history discussed in the posts. I look forward to seeing your next installment.

Prost!
    Brad
  6. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Martin you are very welcome and thanks for the great comment

Brad many thanks, im a great history buff, and i like to do lots of research before i do a figure. and Prost to you to ;)
  7. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi mate
    Had to have my fix of the thread before The sandman comes lol loving it
    Cheers Mate
  8. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Cheers Chris, sandmans coming for me to
  9. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi all

Just another quick update on the horse, added some more to the face and blended the shades a bit better

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then onto tother side

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    theBaron, garyhiggins and Tonton like this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Quality work Paul horses look well and two very tricky paint schemes to pull off on them as well
    Steve
  11. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    thanks Steve, yeah i think this one is harder to do than the last, blending black and white, not the easiest but getting there
    Trying not to bore you all but heres a few more of the progress

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

just trying to blend and roughen the ares where the splodges meet the white and then push the shading and highlights a bit more
    theBaron, Tonton, garyhiggins and 2 others like this.
  12. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi all
    heres the final set of pics for Dobbin MKII

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Im taking a short break from this as i have a sculpt to do, so i should be back at it shortly and ill be having a crack at the base and scenery, thanks for looking in
  13. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful work Paul. I'm really enjoying this.

Jim
  14. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Really amazing work Paul.

Barrie