1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Quapaw Chief

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    At this weekend I try to start painting the "Quapaw Chief" from Pagan Arts.

The face is nearly finished. The other parts needs more or less shades or highlights.

It is a beautiful bust to paint and I like it very much. But here the pictures

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Any comments are welcome

Ulrich
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He's looking great so far Ulrich. Keep us posted as you do the highlights. I am anxious to see the finished bust as I have one myself.
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good Ulrich,
    best regards
    christos
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    like the skincolour!
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice start, keep us posted!

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks a lot. I will do my best
  7. joachim lindman New Member

Ulrich, looks great so far. It will be fun to se it finished.

all the best
    joachim lindman
    www.paganart.se
  8. Zlobov*S Active Member

Hi Ulrich - the portrait is perfectly shown! These are beautiful features of national feature, and a leather as " the old person "-! The "Alive" bust.
  9. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Ready

I have finished my bust and want to show it to you. Comments are welcome, because I have had some problems with painting the hair.

But here the pictures

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I am every time surprised, when I see the figures after making the photos at the pc-monitor. I use day-light lamps and I think I know how to adjust my camera and I can see that the color of the background at the photos is the same as in nature, but the colors at the figures looks quite a little bit different.

So, have a look and I am waiting for comments.

Ulrich
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ulrich,
    over all a very nice piece! The flesh tones are very nice. My 2cents, I think the hair could use a bit more in the way of shadows. I really like your choice of the gray hair, I think it would "pop" just a bit more with more definition. I also think the inside of the hide coat could stand to be more towards a khaki, tan or buckskin color. The white looks just a bit too stark for me. Also in the close up, the butons look to need just a touch of detail shading. In the white color, they look as if they wern't painted. This could obviously be just the photos though. Just my opinions, you did a fine job on this piece! Thanks for sharing!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    @ Jay

The hair is not so white as it looks like at the pictures. But we have here next weekend an workshop with some good painters and there I will show my bust and I will see what I have to do.

And, as you mentioned, I will paint the hide coat in a different color. You are right it looks a bit too stark.

The buttons seems to be the same problem like the hair.

Thanks for your comment

Ulrich
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ulrich,
    Looks very good to me. But i think (you mentioned it) that the picture's do not justice to your painted figure.

Marc
  13. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    New pics

Because I knew, that your comments were right, I have painted some parts of the bust new or try to paint them better.

Here the results

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I have changed the hair, the robe and the inside of the robe.

Any comments are really welcome

Ulrich
  14. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Ulrich
    Nice Paint Job good the color of skin.
    Saluti MAB ;)
  15. Kyle Member

United-States
    Excellent job, Ulrich. This is very nicely done. I keep wanting to stare at this piece, as it is quite strking through your paint job.

Cheers!

Kyle
  16. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Ulrich, this is the ticket! Great improvements! These small touches have taken this bust to the top! Nicely done my friend.

Jay H.
    OKC
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ulrich,
    this is a good painted bust. I like it. But i agree with Jay.
    What he suggest will do no harm, it only gets better.

marc
  18. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Jay, Marc, Kyle and Maurizio. Thanks a lot for your comments.

@ Marc. I know, what Jay and the others means with their comments and I know, that I need such comments to get better. At my last workshop here in Altena I spend some time with Conny (Konrad Schulte) speaking about my bust. He showed me some things and I tried to make what he showed to me. I always want to learn something more, what could help me to paint a little bit better. So, any comments are helpful.

Ulrich