1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Q: ethnic heads & conversions?

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by s.e.charles, Jun 17, 2022.

1. s.e.charles New Member

figure modeling is an ancillary facet of my automotive & railroad hobbies, but as with anything, i want to have at least plausible results.

Q: is creating an acceptable ethnic figure as simple as changing heads and painting palette?

my favor is mk35 figures, both for poses & scale/ proportion to each other. i've seen the line of Hornet heads. would i need to exchange hands & feet, too?

apology for any unpolitically correct wording, but i'm doing the best i am able!

thanks
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    apology for any unpolitically correct wording, but i'm doing the best i am able!

thanks[/quote]

Don't worry about it; the vast majority of us gave up trying to guess what the 'right' words or descriptions are (they change by the week) years ago!
    s.e.charles, Nap and winfield like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

I don't do this scale but can't see a need to change hands etc

Look forward to seeing your benchtime

Nap
    s.e.charles likes this.
  4. Stephen B Member

Good question, compare photos of American GIs in Vietnam with ARVN troops. ARVN are much smaller and usually very slightly built.
    s.e.charles likes this.
  5. s.e.charles New Member

interesting point. often trapped by my own ideas, the reasoning behind sticking with one manufacturer to populate a scene is consistancy, but perhaps it's inconsistency i'm needing!

thanks for the perspective.
    Scotty, Stephen B and Nap like this.
  6. s.e.charles New Member

and so i don't start another thread which has already been covered, anyone suggest a video showing figure modifications?

thanks