1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

pyrogravure from Historex Agents, UK

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by dario966, Sep 16, 2005.

1. dario966 New Member

hello Planeteers,
    got a guestion whether anyone have tired or have oredered the Pyrogravure or electricaly heated needle from the Historex Agents, UK?
    I put my order in Novemeber last year, it was accepted and I even got the invoice number etc, but then nothing came to my house. I wrote them about a month ago and yet also I have received no response whatsoever.
    It its lametable as I did order from the Squadron.com a whole bunch of Historex figures (10 or so) in aticpation for this equipment and my plans came to naught.
    so I would like to know whether someone had a similar experience or perhaps a different, quite oposite one :)
  2. ltom74 Member

Hungary
    Hi

I have simular problem. I ordered a Winged husar, my VISA was debited but nothing arrived. I wrote to Historex and they responsed to send a new one. It has not arrived yet also. I wrote again 3 or 4 times and no answer...

But, they have very good service I ordered aprox. 80-90 figurines from historex and there was no problem except this elite winged husar...
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I have not ordered the pyrogravure but many other things.

I find Historex Agents to be one of the best and reiable firms in the UK.
    As long as you dont start ask the empoyes questions as they seem not to be modellers. :)

Cheers
  4. Lamp New Member

Hello,

There is no need to spend such $$ on the fancy pyro they offer (which does not work here in the US, BTW), as the voltage is incorrect.

Simply pick up a soldering iron with a tip which aqccepts a #11 blade. I have built several Historex figures, and have always used this simple method to create nice feathers, textures, etc.

Best of all, a simple soldering iron will cost under $10.00.

As to Historex Agents, i have ordered hundreds of dollars worth of Historex kits, heads, hands, and parts, and have received each order without incident.
  5. dario966 New Member

hey Lamp,
    thanks for the tip. I shall try your method :). bye pyrogravure ... Well, the tool should have worked here with a power adapter, these things do work!
    ...the whole affair with my order from Historex UK is rather strange or pehaps even bizarre... oh well,
    I usually buy Historex kits from squadron and their customer service is all right...
    dario