Pvt. 45th Regt. of Foot 1846

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is a 54mm figure I sculpted and painted just before the Chicago show this past October. It was the first figure I've done in a long time thats a painted original figure, that was never intended for production. I was inspired by a Bill Horan piece he did in the late 80's of the very same subject, although I choose a different pose then he did.

The figure was sculpted with Magic Sculpt and was painted with Vallejo's. The head is from Hornet and the rest is scratch built.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Wow! Another one :eek:

Good work and an interesting subject.

Roger
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Anders.
    For the painting: i personally don't like that hard lining with black. But again i don't like that.

marc
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done Anders!

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You've acheived a nice informal "on campaign" look with a natural pose
    my only criticism is the water bottle it looks too bright a blue and unworn.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys!

Sometimes I like the black outlining othertimes I dont. Obviously its not as pronounced in real life as these pictures are 3-6 times larger then the 54mm figure.

Peter,

You are right about the canteen, its a bit prestine! Oh well, I'll have to remember that for the next one!
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Lucky bloke got a new canteen, the envy of his mates. :) I hope he didn't let it out of his sight!

Roger
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Great figure and painting.
    Cheers
    John