1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Puss in Boots

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by MalcC, Jan 12, 2023.

1. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I've just completed Puss in Boots from Daniele Found Miniatures

Click on pics to view in a slightly larger image

Malc

IMG_6648.JPG IMG_6649.JPG IMG_6650.JPG
  2. swralph A Fixture

I love it.. very bright and fun.
    It should be titled puss in boot though...lol.
    MalcC likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job and what a fun piece! I'd have loved to have painted this for my cat-mad wife but unfortunately it's sold out. Never knew of its existence until now.

- Steve
    MalcC likes this.
  4. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wonderful work

Mobo
    MalcC likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Malc

Nice to see what you e been working on ........can't beat a relaxing cat......very colourful painting on a cat with attitude

Like the repairs on the chair ....you were lucky to get this , it's a fun piece

WHY NOT ENTER something into the class of your choice in the NEW Bimonthly comp ending 28/02/23 here: :)(y)

Standard

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...ompetition-ends-midnight-bst-28-02-23.519019/

Intermediate

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...ompetition-ends-midnight-bst-28-02-23.519021/

Advanced

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...ompetition-ends-midnight-bst-28-02-23.519022/

DON'T FORGET TO ALSO VOTE .....links in the comp forum

There's also the Vignette & Diorama #5 comp

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...mpetition-5-end-midnight-bst-31-12-23.519129/

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to seeing more

Happy benchtime

Nap
    MalcC likes this.
  6. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Steve

It's worth signing up to his website, where you'll be kept up to date with forthcoming releases.

Malc
    Babelfish and Nap like this.
  7. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Nap

Many thanks for sorting the photos for me.:)
    A definite fun piece, but one that offered a few challenges.
    Painting the odd fantasy piece, makes a nice break from the military pieces.
    Now it's back to a 30 years war standard bearer and Monty bust, before attempting a couple more fantasy busts. :D

Malc
    Nap likes this.
  8. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Great piece, different yes but very well done..
    MalcC likes this.
  9. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    And he says to himself........."Just make a move and throw some paint down and you're on your way".....Very nice paint and presentation.

Wayne
    MalcC likes this.
  10. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Beautifully done Malc. I'm still struggling with mine though.:)

Babelfish. look at Blood Carrot Knights they do some fantastic cats and dogs. They are based in Russia though.
    MalcC and Nap like this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done Malc.
    It really made me smile.
    Shame it's OOP. My wife (cat person) would have loved it (she liked your rendition).

Cheers,
    Andrew
    MalcC likes this.
  12. MalcC A Fixture

England

Just take your time, its a piece that does offer a few challenges, but the end result is worth the time spent on it.
    I look forward to seeing your version.

Malc
  13. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Trying to get the base colour for my cat the way i want it. Basing it on one of my cats which is a fluffy tortie type more like a bear really.... May resort to a tabbie and white which has a more interesting belly colouration...The things we do.
    Nap likes this.
  14. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I originally wanted to base it on tabbie, but his colouring is quite dark, so I opted for a ginger tabby based on the film Puss in Boots.
    The tabbie with white sounds a good choice and will stand out.

Malc
    clubcat likes this.
  15. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thats very cool, Daniele produces some quirky but superb pieces, which always seem to sell out very fast
    MalcC likes this.
  16. clubcat PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    He only makes to order for a limited time, usually 2days. You need to subscribe to his site which gives you a heads up on what is coming and when, then order it when he asks. He'll go off and order however many casts of the subject he has orders for.
    Mel
    Nap and MalcC like this.