1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Purchasing 3D sculpted figures

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Tony Dawe, Nov 10, 2018.

1. mandreas Active Member

Italy
    correct Pokrad , nevertheless I tell you that for the bust you see in the picture, I spent then, about 300 euros !!:eek: . Probably today would cost less, given the huge competition due to the explosion of low-cost LCD printers sale, but it remains unbeatable about the final yeald
    pokrad likes this.
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Yap, the prices are comparable to what I experienced. Sorry that this is a kind of thread hijacking, but maybe a good opportunity for newbies to see what is the current situation with printing :)

The only thing that is a bit confusing to me is how the Redoak can print figures in such low price instead of casting. Those are mostly smaller scales, but still...
    And they do a great job from what I saw.
  3. mandreas Active Member

Italy
    I'm not sure, but I think they use a printer from the Perfactory Envisiontec series, uv dlp top down printer, where to make a piece or 30 the time is the same, so you can use it for mass production (unlike the laser technology where if printing a piece takes 2 hours, to print 30 pieces takes 60 hours