1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pte Samuel Wassall, VC. 80th Foot (MI)1879

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Apr 16, 2015.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Its been a while since I worked on this, but it is now almost done. It needs the buckle adding to the bandolier and the buttons adding. I shall place a few odd rounds in the bandolier, too (thanks to Steve Readdie!)

Huge thanks also to Steve R for producing the magnificent carbine in his left hand, it is superb!

All based on Richie's 24th foot bust, this has undergone some serious surgery, unlike the other one I did! I intend to paint this one up in a variation of one of the tunics in the Staffs Regt Museum, which only has yellow flashes on the collar behind the knot, the cuffs are red.

Pte Wassall's story is on a previous post, so I won't repeat it. Hope you like it, so far!

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

Ventress, elanlane13, Richie and 4 others like this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Steve,

That looks great ..great pose and good use of Richie's original bust as well ...

........looking forward to seeing this painted up

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    He's looking good there Steve, nice one(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is first class. I love the pose and detailing. Shame about the lack of legs!!

Mike
  5. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the good comments, guys!

Mike - I could get around the lack of legs by the fact that he waded into the river to rescue his mate!!

(y)
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's looking great well done looking forward to seeing paint on him.

ian
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work steve
  8. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Steve.
    Gordon
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for taking the time to post, chaps - much appreciated! Im looking forward to getting some paint on this one soon!

(y)