1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pte. "Ken Jones", 82nd Airborne Div. "All Americans", Normandy June 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jul 20, 2008.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Finally the figure is finished (just the groundwork needs to be done), about two months later then planned (big sorry to Taesung once again). This was mostly caused by some paint adherence problems. The figure is casted in resin, scale 120mm en will be available shortly at Alpine Miniatures. All painting was done using acrylics, inks and pigments. I did however for the first time apply the base color , rough shading and highlighting with an airbrush, and I will be doing this more and more in the future.

So, here are the pictures and as always I would love to hear what you think of it.

Cheers,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. theseeker Member

United-States
    Gino,

Great figure and outstanding painting. This figure is on my list.
    Can you pass along the colors you used for the uniform?

Rocky
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Gino,
    Nicely done and I like the colour of the gloves.
    Cheers
    John
  4. dinovision79 Active Member

Great to see this finished Gino! Do you have any close ups photos? Very nice colours and I like how you treated the details. My only comment would be regarding the strap of the rifle is not hanging as it should.

Thanks
    Denes
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gino,
    I sayed it last thuesday on our clubmeeting. It is a stunner. Absolutely great work.

(ps, wanneer ben je weer op de club ((datum)) want ik heb de Seil nog wat verder aan gewerkt op je aanraden, en het ziet er beter uit,,,,,toch een lichtje in de ogen gedaan, het sein nog meer geschaduwd en het gezicht meer contrast...
    Dus ik wil toch graag je mening weer)

Marc
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Thanks

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Hi Rocky,

Can you pass along the colors you used for the uniform?
    Here they are :
    Airbrush:
    Base : Tropical Tan 1 (Lifecolour UA401) + Sand (Modelair 71075) + Hemp (MA 71023)
    Highlight : Sand; Pale Sand(Vallejo Acrylics VA837)
    Shadow : Hemp + Raw Umber (W&N Finity 2420554) + Black (Andrea Colour 26)

Brush:

Enhancing the highlights with Pale Sand and shadows using German Camo Black Brown (VA822) and Black
    Outlining: German Camo Black Brown + Black ink
    Counter outlining : Ivory (VA918)

Hi Denes,

My only comment would be regarding the strap of the rifle is not hanging as it should.

What would you suggest to improve the look of the sling?

Beneath are some more detail pictures.

Take care,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. specmod Active Member

Australia
    What an awsome looking figure, will definatly be keeping an eye out for this one when its released, paintwork is top notch as well. Im affraid though, that lm with the rest of the guys on the rifle sling.
    Lets hope we see a Falschirmjager in the not to far future in 120mm, that would be very nice.
    Cheers
    Andrew
  8. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Gino,

I only ment, that the sling should be hanging down verticaly, now it's stiffly standing to the left side (maybe you glued it to the rifle, when it wasn't in the figures hand yet?)
    Thanks for the close-up photos and the mixes!

Denes
  9. masterpuppet Member

Argentina
    hello gino,
    really is great your paint job, i tell you again, and again
    now, im sculpting a russian soldier, and i got in mind sculpto soon a fallschrimjager (eben emael, brandenburg or 500 battalion), like so much the paras from both sides,
    and finally again, like so much how your paint turn alive this figure.
    regars
    jorge