1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Prussian Hauptmann 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Last of the Elite figures for me! After this I will probably have to troll e-bay or start hitting my favorite vendors until their stock runs out. I still have one knight in 90mm that I did about 14 years ago that I could strip and re-do. but for now I offer for your critical eye this excellent 70 mm Prussian officer from the Franco-Prussian war of 1870. Boy am I going to miss Elite figures :(Comments and observations most welcome.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice one Glenn (y) It is a bummer about Elite, one wishes the moulds and masters pass one to new hands :)
    housecarl likes this.
  3. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Well, one can always hope, right Gord.
  4. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Very natural, soft, smooth tone on jackets, trousers, and boots. I love it.
  5. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Clean, crisp and I like the way you have done the blues.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent paintwork.
    Have this one done to and it was a joy to paint. Wish i could tip on your work with it.
    It's a great loss that Elite stopped. I also i'm a fan of there work.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding! You really brought this one to life, Glenn!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    A gentle gradation is soft, and wonderful.
    Amazing work!
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka.
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice work Glenn.

Jay H.
  10. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job Glenn. I have to agree with Gordy, that someone will carry on the Elite range.
    Carl.
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Glenn, excellent painting , great blending and nice work on the leather gloves and bino case.

Cheers Ken
  12. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I've always liked this figure and you did an amazing job on him.
  13. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Beautifully painted Glenn, the Blues, Leathers etc are superb.

Keith
  14. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Beautiful paint job Glenn.Love the blues.
    Brian
  15. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent looking figure with nice transitions.

Steve
  16. ghamilt1 PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Thanks for leaving a comment everyone. Allow me to respond to a few (in no particular order)

Kazufumi, Mitsutaka, and Steve, I'm glad you all liked this effort, and I'm especially pleased you all noticed the transitions, as I have been trying very hard to achieve this kind of smoothness from light to dark on my figures.

Jay, Mike and Dan, thanks guys for your vote of confidence, I hope to be able to share these with you in person at a show sometime over the next year.

Hi Marc and Carl, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, and I want to echo your hope that somebody picks up production of these figures soon, as they are too good to disappear from the hobby.

Hi Brian, Keith, Ken and Grant, it always good when people mention something specific, be it for criticism or praise. I've had good results with blues lately, and I hope to achieve equally good effect with reds, which I find much more challenging. Practice makes perfect I suppose.

I tried using some Humbrol enamels to achieve the leather weathering, and I haven't touched Humbrols for years. Think I'll keep those wee tubs of paint closer from now on. Thanks everyone for stopping by and offering your feedback, it was most generous of you and I appreciate it. Cheers!