1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Prussian Dragoon Officer Regt. No 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Dec 21, 2014.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Fredericus Rex 54mm flat. Early stages on this one but in an attempt to neaten up my painting I'm trying to finish one or two areas before moving onto the next. The face and boots I'm calling done, at the moment. :D
    Still some work to do on the breeches and the hat.

Roger.

IMG_0912.JPG

:ROFLMAO: Having looked at the photo I might do some more work on the boots.
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yet again, this is already quite eye catching! Great face, and leather work. (y)

Mark
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  4. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I am amazed at how many figures you paint. Seems like every other time I get on the Planet, you have another one in progress or finished. This one is coming along nicely. You are improving your skills all the time. His face looks very good. Thanks for sharing.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Pete. To tell you the truth there are loads in varying states of finishedness, I think I've just made a word up there. :D Who knows which will be finished first but if I start to lose interest there's always something else to work on.
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Not wanting to sound like a broken record, but you must have quite a troop on stand by waiting for their splash of color!

Joe
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO: Joe you wouldn't believe how many little flat friends I have awaiting paint......... or perhaps you would. :D
    pgarri27 likes this.
  8. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    These are great figures and again Roger your doing the business;) looking good!!
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Brian. :)
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A very nice casting Roger.
    As always your brushwork is impeccable.
    All the very best for the coming festivities,
    Keith
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Keith and all the best to you too. :)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    That looks like a very nice figure Roger, i really like the fleshtone and how you've painted the pants.
    I follow as usual.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Daniel. I`ve actually painted this figure before but decided to buy another two. :D
    MarquisMini likes this.
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I am one that if i get my hand in a figure i really like i could buy 3 or 4 and make them in different regiments
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

That's the plan.:D
    MarquisMini likes this.
  16. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your oil painting is moving in leaps and bounds Roger (y)
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Ron, I learnt a lot of lessons the hard way otherwise it might have moved on even quicker. :D Nevermind though I think I've got the gist of it now.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking good for the moment.:D

Marc
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  20. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice start, Roger! I'm curious to see how the boots and britches will look, when you add the color to the surrounding area. That is, they look odd to my eye now, surrounded by gray. It's the same kind of effect I get when lighting a stage, when I power up a single light, and then add the rest of the plot and see how the lights and their colors all blend and complement each other.

Prost!
    Brad