1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Prussian Deaths Head Hussar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jcichon, Jan 10, 2010.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    This is my second Napoleonic figure I have done and the first time I have tried "silver without silver" painting technique which was a real challenge to say the least. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. The pics are crap cause to me the face is the best I have ever done and the pics just do not show it. THis is a Verlinden kit and I have to say I have actually been really impressed with the Verlinden napoleonic line which is really well sculpted!! So comments, critiques are welcomed!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice work Jason, the work you have put into the lacework has paid off. You must be very satisfied.

Roger.
  3. Von Luch Active Member

United-States
    Nice painting Jason! Going into you next figure, or to add to this figure I would add some detail, not that you don't show it here with lace, but one thing that I've seen on a lot of the figure modeling greats, ie Bill Horan, Doug Cohen, Anders Heintz, etc. is that all the seams are detailed/highlighted. After my third figure I started detailing these areas more, and wow did my figure come to life. Just use the highest high light of that color and keeping you paintbrush fairly wet carefully run thin lines, no smears, where you would see seams (sides, crotch of trousers, coat arms, back, etc), and do the same for the underside of the seam of shadow. I don't model Napoleanics, but I'm sure there are seams with these uniforms. Anyway, hope this helps, all in all a finely painted figure.

Jim
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautifully painted, very well done.
    Carl.
  5. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very nicely painted, a Verlinden I still want to get, thanks for posting RobH:D
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork.
    The lace's are great. And in my opinion they should not paint like metallics but as cloth.., just for the fact that it is cloth and not metal. You done that. Great.

Marc
  7. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice:)
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great painted figure Jason!

Regards,
    Marcel.
  9. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys. I have to say that it looks slot better in person. My photography skills are lacking!!
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Very well done, Jason!

The blacktones You painted are wonderful!

Regards