1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Prusian Artillery 1870-1871, Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Metal Extremo, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

IS INFANTRY, NO ARTILLERY. SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE. I DON'T KNOW HOW CAN CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD
    Here is my last one. One bust 1:16 from H&V. Great quality and low price. A perfect combination. I had some problems with my prusian blue colour, so i had to use new mixes for the chest. The miniature comes in to pieces. The pickel, and all the rest. Has no probles with the casting and borders. Recommeded to everybody.

The pics

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

From the top

[IMG]

[IMG]

Suicide face zoom

[IMG][/quote]
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very nice work.

Marc
  3. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  4. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Nicely done, looks good.

Chris
  5. fermatgom A Fixture

Spain
    Great work!!! I painted it as well just one month ago! :) Very enjoyable.
    You have done a very good work with the eyes. I struggled because the eyes were not perfectly molded, maybe it was my copy...
  6. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Thanks for you lines.

Fernando, i had problems with the eyes too. With his right eye. Was as if is more open, and the effect produced disliked me. The first i paint is eyes, so while painting the face cut below the eye and they look better
  7. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Good looking bust, congrats on the paint job.
    Cheers
    Chris.
  8. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great man - awesome job (y)
    Phil
  9. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    I've got this one on the bench right now too and I'm dealing with the odd eye as well - you've handled it really well IMHO. I doubt whether I'd be able to show mine at such an extreme magnification and have it look as good.

Nice job overall!

Brian
  10. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

Thanx Chris, Phil and Brian
    Brian, i painted the base of the face and then the eyes, as i use to do. When i painted the eyes, the right one was very open, but the lower eyelid was very small, and can't modulate the proportions in my taste, so i finished the eyes, and when was painting the lights of the face, slowly cut the eye till i had a reasonable lower eyelid. Maybe it works for you too.
    In the other side, is the only fault i can put to the bust. The rest of my casting was perfect.
    I hope watch your version in PF in soon.
  11. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States