1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Prologue Elrond - Lord of the RIngs

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Ray Welshman, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Ray Welshman Active Member

I picked this guy up in Chicago this year and its the first time in a long time where I just painted something with no conversion - Out of the Box lol. I thought this was a nice figure went together well with minimal cleanup. I was also inclined to do a fantasy piece. For this figure after all these years I went back to oils, all base coats are in vallejo acrylic but for the most part the rest is oils.

I think I may go back and weather it a bit more as I think it may be too subtle

Cheers

Ray
    elrond4.jpg

elrond1.jpg elrond2.jpg elrond3.jpg
    Wings5797, tiberius57, Scotty and 2 others like this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very cool Ray. Like the technique. Who makes it? Knight? Scale?

Colin
  3. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks Colin yea its s Knight Models Piece I believe is 70mm. It was strange going back to oils after trying to get acrlics down all these years. I need to invest in a crockpot or build a drying oven I forgot how long it takes to dry lol

Cheers

Ray
    pgarri27 and crf like this.
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I have recently flipped back and forth but I think I have settled on acrylics and inks as the most suitable to my style. Nice to be able to use both though. You certainly seem to have a solid handle on both media Ray.

Colin
  5. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks Colin,

Actually the armour is done with an acrylic base with a green ink to get it to aged green tone as seen in the movie. I used vallejo Old Gold as the base and the ink is a green tone from the company "The Army Painter" and their Warpaints line. The rest the cloth, flesh tones etc are all oils.

Cheers

Ray
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
  7. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Looking real good mate. Nice work with the oils.
  8. Ray Welshman Active Member

Tony, Chris

Thanks very much gentlemen

Cheers

Ray
  9. swralph A Fixture

Nice one.
    Ralph.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice work.

Marc
  11. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Looks very good! Great to see oils and acrylics used on the same piece! Very nice sculpted figure too!
    Cheers Ray!
    Zeno :)
  12. Ray Welshman Active Member

Thanks very much Ralph, Marc, and Zeno

Cheers

Ray