1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Projects Update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Its about time I post some pics as I havent for quite some time.

I have three projects going at the moment, well acctually more but only 3 that are being worked on.

The first one is Andreas 54mm Advancing Roman, a beautiful kit, and t has to be the best engineered kit I have ever seen, the main body has some 7 parts and they all fit with no putty needed at all! This is the first Roman I've ever done, and I really dont know much about the time period so I just went with the box art, but I did add a little border line to the tunic as it adds a little more interest. The armor is Mr Metalizer Aluminum, it was the only one I had, then washed with black mixed with Future Floor Wax.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The second is a little more done on the Terminator

[IMG]

And lastly I painted the eyes on Latorres Highlander bust

[IMG]

Hopefully I will get these done before Tulsa, still have to do the painters figure too which I just have primed and eyes starte on.
  2. Pete_H New Member

Anders,
    The Terminator bust is looking really really good! What scale is it? As for the Advancing Roman figure, it would be a good idea to do some more cleaning up on it. Perhaps it's me, but I seem to see some lumps on the figure. Perhaps it's paint pigment or white metal, but it should be taken care of; no matter what the scale (in this case 54mm) it's still noticeable. As for the LaTorre bust, are you going to fix the disproportionate head & shoulders? (no, not referring to the shampoo :lol: ).
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Peeetey!

The Roman might have a few rough spots but I am not too worried about it at this stage, just painting it for fun and not for anything serious.

As for the Latorrw bust, nah, he has a long neck but if its good enough for good ol Latorre its good enough for me! Maybe he was raised in an African tribe where he had some rings put around his neck as a child :lol: Seriously, he does have a giraffe neck, but Im not nitpicking, and you told me I hung out to much with IPMS people, LOL!
  4. Pete_H New Member

Anders,
    If I'd been hanging around the IPMS crowd too much, I'd be nitpicking the width of it's front teeth after measuring them with a laser caliper :lol:
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders, nice stuff.Those eyes on the highlander bust are awesome!

Stephen Mallia
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    Good Ander very good work, on the 3 kits (of course the roman is the special for me :lol: ) keep posting we want see mote!! ;)

Regards
    Ed :)
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Agree on the eyes (altough kinda creepy too :lol: )

Keith
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders, (y) (y) on all 3 kits so far !! The Terminator is my favourite ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Anders, I have to agree on the Terminator. Although, I do like the way the metal turned out very much. Great job. I have thought about getting this figure several times but never have. Now, I think I will and add it to the ever growing list of figures I need to complete!

Jim Patrick