1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Problems with mass to sculpt

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Orlando, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Orlando New Member

Dear friends

My name is Orlando I am from Brazil.
    I am trying to sculpt military figure 1/35 but I am not getting good results.
    In my country good materials don't exist to sculpt .
    I will have to import good stuff.
    Please I need help:
    Which the best masses to sculpt?
    Which the differences?
    Thank you very much for the help.
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola!

I would reccomeng getting either Magic Sculpt or AVES Apoxie Sculpt. Both are superb putties and the main difference is that Magic Sculpt (MS) is not quite as sticky or soft as Apoxie is when wet and MS cure more like a hard resin.

You can get MS from http://www.coloradominiatures.com, not sure where you can buy Apoxie online.
  3. MSzwarc New Member

Orlando,

The Aves Apoxie Sculpt can be purchased online here.

Mike
  4. y_wong New Member

Dear Orlando,

Since you are unable to get good sculpting material locally, maybe you would like to consider epoxy putty. This A+B putty can be easily purchase from you local hardware shops. They are used to mend broken porcelin, pipes and etc. The only problem is the short working time, therefore you will have to build up your figure in bits and pieces.

You may want to refer to my site at http://sg.geocities.com/y_wong62/ Please refer to the WIP page. Hopefully it will give you some ideas of what I meant.

regards :)