1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Problem with the Hobby

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by MalcC, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I'm a little late to this thread, but I agree, the kits and figs are getting better every day and the young lads and las' are painting pretty dang good. We've all stood on the shoulders of the “greats” before us, now it's their turn to take up the mantel and Ruck On.

I don't think the actual sculptors will ever go away, newspapers are still around, lol, and even candle makers, HA! IMHO, "keep sniffin paint and gluin them fingers together" for as long as the good Lord allows, then let your prodigy worry about the left overs, lol.

Will I ever get to all these great new figures I keep adding to my stash? Probably not, but I’m workin on it and pass the rest to my grandsons. Ruck On, I say!
    Tommi, Richie and MalcC like this.
  2. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Couldn't resist buying a couple more figures today at the North Surrey Show.
    I think that's now 7 new pieces this year. :arghh:

Malc
  3. Steve headley A Fixture

Just thought I would join in this fascinating discussion, we at TFB have embraced the 3D revolution. We have to say it’s come along way since it’s early conception better printers has helped. The chance to have a piece in different scales opens up the market more. Our 3D go to guy is Eduard Delgado. Eduard comes from a traditional sculpting background (his hand sculpts for FeR were a credit to his skill as a traditional sculpter. His skills have been transferred very well to the new tech. The masters he does for us are always a joy to work with and so much crisp details just so different.

Now having said the above we still use traditional sculpting as our customer base still like the old ways. So we think it will co excist along side the modern trend. Yes its true you get more bang for your buck with 3D as you can get so many scales from the same files.

We think with the new tech, artist are pushing the envelope with every new project they work on. It’s a good time to be in this hobby with all the great new releases.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Old Pete and MalcC like this.
  4. DeanM Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Malc

While it may be of little consolation, you were not alone at the North Surrey Show, although I managed a few more that two...:whistle: As Oscar Wilde observed "I can resist anything except temptation."

Regards, Dean
    MalcC likes this.
  5. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Over the years w'eve had concern for the hobby, it's going to disappear, some said.
    But from what I've been seeing in recent months, the quality and variety will keep us going the hobby going for a long time.
    And there are a lot of younger folk, well younger then me, attending shows and already painting to a high standard.
    Goes to show how this hobby has progressed over the years.

So, I think a BIG THANK YOU goes out to all the producers of fine sculpting, that keeps us all very happy.

Malc