1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Probably not one for the purists..!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by valiant, Feb 18, 2016.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys,

Yes, Ive been busy today! Just some progress pics of my version of the 1/16 Tamiya Luftwaffe ace, purely used as an acrylics painting exercise.

I know that the colours and the type of uniform may not be completely accurate, but I wanted a figure to practise white and yellow on and this was at hand! Not the best figure in terms of anatomy, but it was a gift, so I felt compelled to paint it! Im not happy with the hat and the face yet, so I might resort to drastic surgery and remove it for stripping, then again....!!

thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Files:

Jazz, Grod and Eludia like this.
  2. RonW Member

I recognise this one. Did it a long time ago.
    I enjoyed painting it nevertheless.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The sculpt lacks a bit of finesse (although I've seen far worse) but the paint-job looks fine to me.

- Steve
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Steve - yes, its a bit "wooden" by modern standards and a bit awry on the anatomy! Thanks for the comments on the paint!(y)
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Steve, looks like you have made the transition from Humbrols to Acrylics very successfully Steve, it's coming on well mate.

Keith
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Keith - Im getting there, slowly..!! (y)
  7. Monsoon Member

United-States
    I did this one years ago, too. Looks good!
  8. Fransab Active Member

Spain
    Nice work, excellent for this kind of figure.
    valiant likes this.
  9. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Your work with acrylics is looking very good Steve!

Especially the white, that is not easy.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
    valiant likes this.
  10. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hi Steve. I remember first seeing this kit in military modelling magazine a long time ago. I thought it looked a good kit then and I still do.
    You have made a great start on this, nothing wrong with that lifejacket. Its a good piece of painting. I look forward to seeing it completed and maybe seeing the real thing next month at "The Show." ;)
    Cheers mate, John.
    valiant likes this.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well chaps, I have bitten the bullet and have taken the head off - It is now soaking in Mr Muscle oven cleaner ready for re priming tomorrow! I think I have also found where the neck/hairline problem is. I have filed the cast-on hairline off as it goes too far down the neck for 1940! Also, when I reattach the head, I will sculpt the shirt collar and jacket collar a little higher as, I feel it looks a little odd in this area as it is.

I am also going to attempt the face using gouache over an acrylic basecoat - I will let you know how that goes...!(y)