1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique "Pro Valore" - Lt. Alex Dunn VC 1854

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Mar 15, 2015.

1. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Late to the party as usual on this one, but that is one outstanding sculpt Colin - your strongest face since Dallaire IMHO and the braiding and button work leaves me stunned!

Hope to see you (and it) at the April mtg.

Brian
    crf likes this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Keith. I found my DSLR was going too chrome when set on macro. The revised pix were set on non-macro. That combined with some exposure compensation and white balance adjustment was enough to solve it.

Thanks to you as well Mike. To be honest I have toyed with going commercial a couple of times and quite honestly it's more trouble than its worth unless one gets an ego boost from being a published sculptor. Unless you are an elite sculptor, commanding solid fees, the pay off isn't that much. And you run the risk of introducing another external force into the creative process. Revise this, revise that. Its really not worth it IMO. Sorry to be a damp rag on the idea. I really appreciate the compliment. But its one off hobby sculpting for me.

Colin
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Brian. I plan to be there no matter when scheduled. Sorry to miss you at Hamilton....my wifey had me looking at houses :-0 hope the show was good.

Colin
  4. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Superb. If you are still thinking of VC winners Colin why not William Hall another Canadian.
    crf likes this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb finish Colin.(y)
    crf likes this.
  6. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Amazing bust all around Colin.
    Excellent paintwork.
    Ciao by Maco
    crf likes this.