1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Private Thomas Flinn VC

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bluesking, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This vignette depicts Thomas Flinn in the act of winning the Victoria Cross during the Indian Mutiny. The Artillery piece is by Mountford, other accessories are by Nimix and Historex. The figures are scratchbuild in Magic Sculpt with the addition of Historex and Hornet heads and hands. The Enfield rifle is a Shenandoah spare.

Thomas Flinn VC, born Athlone 1842 was an Irish recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry in the face of the enemy that can be awarded to British and Commonwealth forces.
    He was a Drummer in the 64th Regiment (later The North Staffordshire Regiment - The Prince of Wales's), British Army during the Indian Mutiny when the following deed took place for which he was awarded the VC.
    On 28 November 1857 at Cawnpore, India, during a charge on the enemy's guns, Drummer Flinn, although wounded himself, engaged in a hand-to-hand encounter with two of the rebel artillerymen killing them and capturing the artillery piece..
    He died at Athlone Co Westmeath 10 August 1892.

HE WAS 15 YEARS 3 MONTHS OLD.

Attached Files:

2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, More pics. :) Nice background info on Flinn's deed that won him the VC.~Gary
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey stephen

Have you been off work mate, you seem to have been really busy.... :lol:

Dave :lol:
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Stephen.........well done on the sculpting and painting. More pics when you can.
  5. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Dave, this is the joy of working 2 x 12 hour days and 2 x 12 hour nights and 4 days off + during the winter things are quieter so I can do a bit in work on the night shift!!!!

The down side is - more time to paint = more models bought and therefore more expense !!!!

Thanks to you all for the comments, can't find the charger for my camera but will post more and better pics once I find it.

This is the first of a series of planned vignettes. dioramas and single figures depicting Irish VC winners.
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top stuff mate! I wonder how many of today's 15 yr olds you'd catch doing that!

Great subject matter and I love the theme of what you're doing.

Good luck with it all mate ;)
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great piece. I can't wait to see more pics and more Irish VC winners (great idea)