1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Private 20th Georgia Infantry 1863

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by rej, Dec 9, 2005.

1. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi to all........

This is what I came up with after a whole week of CHOGM hectic duties and two weeks of recurring the damn flu :angry:

Its a one week project, as I was itching to get my hands on a brush, so it may not be my best of painting, but it was a very relaxing week ;)

Even though its not my favourite period, this is a very beautiful sculpt by Gary, and one which eased off my itching, without any elaborate patterns or armour....... :lol:

Attached Files:

2. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Undercoat ;)

Attached Files:

3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Face and hat close up :(

Attached Files:

4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Same photo but reduced :lol:

Attached Files:

5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jacket and equipment painted.......also trousers basecoated with a light brown which I changed to a darker brown before the actual painting........maybe the recurance of the flu :angry: ?

The photos may not be up to standard as well........and the last photo would highlight this for sure ;)

Attached Files:

6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ok this is the figure in its finished state :lol:

Attached Files:

7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    As I said in the posting before the last, this is a photo which ended up in a darker state even though it was shot in the same lighting setting of all the others :angry: maybe I coughed or sneezed before I shot the pic :lol:

Any comments are more than welcome as always........

Take Care,

Ray ;)

Attached Files:

8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ray,

Hey buddy! I wish my weeks worth of painting was as nice as that. You have done a really nice job with it.

All the best to you,

Joe
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I really enjoy your painting style. I like this figure and you have really brought out the great sculpting.

Keith
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ray, my friend, beautiful work as usual.

Keep up the good work.

Ciao
    Roc :)
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Great to see you back my friend and I trust your "trip" was as uneventful as it could be. At least I hope so! The figure looks great ;) . I just wish, like Joe, that my attempts at painting looked like yours after a few weeks (or months in my case :( :lol: ) off. Look forward to see it finished my friend. Also, I'm looking forward to some Expo progress from you.

Jim Patrick

Oh yeah, I trust that flu bug is finally gone now?
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ray, nice paintjob. If there's one thing I enjoy almost as much as sculpting is seeing something I sculpted painted. It makes the work that much more rewarding.~gary
  13. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Joe, Keith, Roc, Gary, thanks for your nice words...........

Jim, thanks to you as well my friend.......as regards Expo progress, that would start after next year's EuroMilitaire.........I'm going to work (or aspire to work) as follows.........up to next year's MFCA I would be sending (with Steve) the Continental Lt.Dragoon 1780 by Michael Roberts Ltd which will be auctioned in aid of the APG, and maybe a small conversion which will not be auctioned..........then, I would finish off some conversions which I started AGES ago and these I hope would be ready for Euro 2006.........then it would be two years hard labour for Expo 2008 and this means "Knight Hospitallers of the Order of St.John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta" from their induction to Military Duties in 1136 under the 2nd Rector of the Order Raymond de Puy :eek: , up to the Great Seige of Malta 1565 under the Finest Grand Master of the Order, Jean de La Valette :) !

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  14. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Beautiful painting, Ray. Face looks great!

cheers
    Artur
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Artur ;)

Cheers,

Ray :)
  16. GARD9 Member

United-States
    Good work Ray.
    I am working on this same kit and I am glad to see your work.
    I was thinking about painting most of the parts before assembly but,
    after seeing yours assembled, primed, and painted I may do mine that way.
    You have inspired me to... as some say here in KY....... Get-Er-Done!
    Thanks,
    G9
  17. y_wong New Member

Hi Ray,

Good painting. Looking forward to more from you.

regards
  18. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Hi Ray ,beatiful work,the flesh tones are very good balanced.
    Regards. Jose Luis
  19. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi ray

Great figure, love the colours and the flesh tones

Dave
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Ray...........love your style.