1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Private, 1st New York Regt. of Continental Line.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Aug 15, 2018.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This is my latest project, a resin, 75mm, FeR figure from their Elite Classics range.

This is my first FeR figure and I am impressed. I can't fault anything about it!

I'm going to be a bit experimental with the painting of this one. The figure was primed with black and then airbrushed with with a misting of white. Then came several washes brushed on with very thin Andrea Dark Brown.
    The plan is to paint the figure with thin glazes building up the colour as I go but allowing the dark brown to show through where I want it. I'll probably use both oils and acrylics depending how I feel at the time and which paint box is the closest. :D

I've made a start on the face today.

IMG_6294.JPG
  2. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    That is a great figure Rodger. I'll follow this one, It's also in my GA.
    billyturnip likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It's opened up a whole new avenue of research and reading material too..... Amazon are very happy. :LOL:
  4. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

will be following too - always interrested to learn new techmiques
    billyturnip likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Glad to have you following LH but bear in mind it's new to me too, so it may be a case of what not to do. :D
  6. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

sounds good to me
    billyturnip likes this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That'll do for today.....

IMG_6299.JPG
  8. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Sounds like a good idea Billy
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I read it in a book about painting oil on canvas Brian, thought it was worth a shot. :)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  10. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

could you give title and author of the book? Might see if the library can get me a copy;)
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

51j0bOG3LZL.jpg
    Landrotten Highlander and Oda like this.
  12. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Looks like a good start on a quality looking sculpt Roger...……..

Wayne
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A very nice start Rogerfollowing with much interest, although I have done this one some time ago and yes it's a great sculpt. I will probably do another but as Webb's regt. These wore captures British jackets.
    billyturnip likes this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

Very,very handsome Roger.Well done mate.

Oda.
    billyturnip likes this.
  15. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    One of the alltimeclassics from Stefano Cannone.I painted him moons ago...and won a silver medal Haahaa......
    The Cannone Brothers stopped creating figures for many companies,like Elite,Poste Militaire,Jaguar etc..But why,I don`t know.Every from their works is a beauty(y).
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone, it's much appreciated. :)
  17. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great start Roger. Finished this one after starting him in Fernando Ruiz's seminar last May. He is indeed a classic and you will enjoy painting him.
    billyturnip likes this.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    LOoks very good. New technique.....I 'm always in.

Marc
    billyturnip likes this.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Michael, yes, I'm enjoying it and already seriously thinking of adding something similar to my collection.

Thanks Marc. I'm hoping the finished figure will have a earthy look to it, whether it does or not remains to be seen. :)
  20. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking great so far Roger. Interesting approach as well.

I'm a great fan of FeR Miniatures. The faces of their early releases were much too doll-like for my taste, but more recently they've been putting out some great stuff and I have a steadily increasing number of FeRs in the stash. And I like how they're also now gradually re-issuing the Elite range, which has been OOP for some years now. Great to see these figures making a return.

- Steve
    billyturnip likes this.