1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Printer Inks-Producers

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Arminous, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Arminous Member

Hi all!

Guyz,I'd like to make a question:Which is the best metallic printer-inks?Any links with products/companies?I'm asking because I've seen pretty good results from friends in the Planet,and I don't feel the same about my results!After the paint is dry,it looks like non-shining silver,iron or gold...And I don't like Mika in the acrylics...

Any help would be highly appreciated! :)

-Kostas.
  2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kostas

I use a printers ink I aquired from a print house that i worked next too. I went in and asked the guy in charge if I could purchase from him, a couple of small jars of the oil based ink that they used. I was lucky enough to told I could have some of the old gold and dark silver, if I brought some small jars back that they could put it into, at no cost. So you maybe able to find a print shop somewhere near you that might be able to give or sell you some.

Always go for the oil based inks they dry a lot more glossy and have a very fine pigment, you can always take the gloss off by mixing matt varnish with it...

There is only one way of finding out.......

Dave
  3. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    hi Costas
    try www.stormtroopers.com.I' ve used both powder and liquid printers inks and as long are mixed with Humbrol gloss black they work fine for me.
    Ciao
    Roberto
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Me too,
    they are great!!!
    christos