1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Princess Viktoria of Prussia - 1/10 Bust - UP Miniaturen

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Filipe, May 9, 2013.

1. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends from pF

Another recently finished figure that i hadn´t posted here yet.

[IMG]

It is the bust of Kaiser Wilhelm II only daughter, Viktoria of Prussia, wearing the 2. Hussar Regiment uniform, of which she was colonel. The photo that inspired this bust on the background above. One of the most beautiful royals at her time, she married Ernest Augustus, Duke of Brunswick. There is a great bust of him by Michael Miniatures, i intend to complete the couple soon. :D

The bust is 1/10 scale, made by my friend Ulrich Puchala, with incredible likeness. I trully recommend this one.

All painting done in acrylics. I´ve tried to make the lights and shadows of the face very subtle, due to be a woman´s face. Also, a pale tone, since she was very white. It´s my first feminine figure, so, the result is not that good.

Any critics and comments are welcome, specially tips on woman´s faces.

A good friend of mine nicknamed her the "Totenkopf Little Princess" :D

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Regards to all

Filipe :)
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice work on a very hard color to shade and highlight.

marc
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you Marc!

Regards,

Filipe