1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Prince Valiant WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MattMcK., Mar 17, 2019.

1. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

My next project was going to be RP’s Boudica in her chariot, but I wanted to try a water feature on her base, so I thought I would practice with an old 54mm Andrea ‘Viking Lord’ since I haven’t tried resin water. I got everything base coated in acrylics yesterday and did the basic groundwork. Today I made the first pour of envirotex, and quickly learned the edges weren’t sealed tight enough. Let’s hope this works out!

BF510A9C-003E-48E2-8AAA-89E6257E0941.jpeg 218AAA58-3388-46E5-848D-30BAC332747A.jpeg EC6BF2E0-4CE0-4D13-BCA8-2B739E47F744.jpeg 5862A5C8-8361-43F7-B778-9A5092D4023B.jpeg
    zane666, Oda and KenBoyle like this.
  2. Sjoerd New Member

Look forward to seeing the end result. It has me wanting to try it out.
    Oda likes this.
  3. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

The second resin pour was a disaster. I didn't warm the resin, so it ended up full of tiny bubbles. It looks like a glass of beer. I'll need to scrap the whole thing, scrape off the base, repaint it, re-landscape, and try again. Glad I didn't try it for the first time with Boudica. Ah, the joys of our hobby!