Prince Valiant WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MattMcK., Mar 17, 2019.

  1. MattMcK. Well-Known Member

    My next project was going to be RP’s Boudica in her chariot, but I wanted to try a water feature on her base, so I thought I would practice with an old 54mm Andrea ‘Viking Lord’ since I haven’t tried resin water. I got everything base coated in acrylics yesterday and did the basic groundwork. Today I made the first pour of envirotex, and quickly learned the edges weren’t sealed tight enough. Let’s hope this works out!

    BF510A9C-003E-48E2-8AAA-89E6257E0941.jpeg 218AAA58-3388-46E5-848D-30BAC332747A.jpeg EC6BF2E0-4CE0-4D13-BCA8-2B739E47F744.jpeg 5862A5C8-8361-43F7-B778-9A5092D4023B.jpeg
    zane666, Oda and KenBoyle like this.
  2. Sjoerd New Member

    Look forward to seeing the end result. It has me wanting to try it out.
    Oda likes this.
  3. MattMcK. Well-Known Member

    The second resin pour was a disaster. I didn't warm the resin, so it ended up full of tiny bubbles. It looks like a glass of beer. I'll need to scrap the whole thing, scrape off the base, repaint it, re-landscape, and try again. Glad I didn't try it for the first time with Boudica. Ah, the joys of our hobby!

Share This Page

planetFigure Links

Reviews & Open Box
Buy. Sell & trade
Articles
Link Directory
Events
Advertising

Popular Sections

Figure & Minis News
vBench - Works in Progress
Painting Talk
Sculpting Talk
Digital Sculpting Talk
The Lounge
Report Piracy

Who we are

planetFigure is a community built around miniature painters, sculptors and collectors, We are here to exchange support, Information & Resources.

© planetFigure 2003 - 2019.