1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Prince Józef Poniatowski - 1/12 Mitches Military Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marcin Morawski, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marvin

Yes I'm back ....lol

You've done a good start on the sash very neat black lining .........if you did it on 28mm then this scale will be fine

Look forward to the next update

Happy benchtime

Nap
  2. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    It's not so flat anymore. Almost dry brush (size 0), with transverse movements, various shades. Finally, drakenhof nightshade (very diluted) sparingly, with a drained brush. Black stripes need to be corrected.

P8140016.JPG P8140018.JPG
  3. Airkid A Fixture

England
    That's nailed it(y)
    Marcin Morawski likes this.
  4. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The efforts you are putting into this one are certainly bearing fruit. Great work Marcin.
  5. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's really coming along nicely, I admire your ability to stick to painting and finishing one part/colour at a time..
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marvin

Can't argue with the sash now ...looking really good

Look forward to the black striping

This piece is going to look very impressive

Happy benchtime

Nap
  7. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Thank you, mates!

Henk - It's like painting on glass. You need to finish one thing before moving on to another. This is a small enough scale that I have to be careful not to spoil something.

Peter - finally...

Nap, Phil - (y)

More progress... Belt.
    The base is glorious gold with dark rust, then fuegan orange (shade) and pure glorious gold (highs).
    P8150021.JPG P8150022.JPG
    Tonton and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

That's a good gold your using , this is certainly coming together well

Look forward to more from the bench

Nap
  9. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Some progress, some research...
    According to the box art, the gorget on the ammunition belt (the lion's head and the shield with the letter "N" connected by chains) is the color of old gold, but the reenactor from my club suggested that the ornaments were silver.

Three medals adorn the prince's chest.

1. The War Order of Virtuti Militari (VM, Latin for military bravery - (virtue) of military valor) - the highest Polish war decoration, awarded for outstanding military merits. It is one of the oldest war orders in the world. Established by King Stanisław August Poniatowski on June 22, 1792 to celebrate the victory in the Battle of Zieleniec after the start of the Polish-Russian war against the intervention of the Russian Empire and the Targowica Confederation, and in defense of the Constitution on May 3.

The motto of the order is: Honor and Fatherland.

The order was awarded during the period of the Duchy of Warsaw. After creating the so-called The Order of the Congress Kingdom of Poland, while retaining its statute, received the name of the Polish Military Order.
    It was to be divided into five classes, of which the first three had an order form, and the other two had a medal form:

1st class - Grand Cross with a Star,
    2nd class - Commander's Cross,
    3rd class - Knight's Cross,
    4th class - Gold Medal,

5th class - Silver Medal

After regaining independence in 1918, the Legislative Sejm, under the Act of August 1, 1919, revived the order, giving it the name of the Military Order of Virtuti Militari. Currently, the order may be awarded during the war or 5 years after its end by the President of the Republic of Poland at the request of the Chapter of the Virtuti Militari War Order.

The total number of those awarded is over 26,000. Prince Poniatowski was the first person awarded with this medal.

[IMG]

2. Commander of the Legion of Honor - granted on July 22, 1807

The Legion of Honour is the highest French order of merit, both military and civil. Established in 1802 by Napoleon Bonaparte, it has been retained by all later French governments and régimes.

The order's motto is Honneur et Patrie ("Honour and Fatherland"), and its seat is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur next to the Musée d'Orsay, on the left bank of the Seine in Paris.

The order is divided into five degrees of increasing distinction: Chevalier (Knight), Officier (Officer), Commandeur (Commander), Grand officier (Grand Officer), and Grand-croix (Grand Cross).

[IMG]

3. Star of the Order of the Legion of Honor

[IMG]

White VGC - primer:
    P8170028 medale.png

M.
  10. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Good background reference Marcin(y)
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

I am liking the comprehensive research on the awards ...look forward to the painting

Happy benchtime

Nap
  12. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Something new... and I like it. Very informative.

Silver on stars. Chaimail silver - nuln oil - gunmetal (drybrush)

P8190035.JPG
    Nap and Airkid like this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marvin

Getting there and with the Nuln ....a useful little pot !

Thanks for updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
  14. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Well, the torso is ready I think. Tchako - early WIP. P8250045.JPG P8250046.JPG P8250049.JPG P8250050.JPG

M.
    Tonton, Old Pete and Nap like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marcin

That's a great update on the torso , looks really good my friend

Now we come to the crowning glory .......lovely start and neat silverwork

Look forward to more

Nap
  16. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Thanks, Kev.

Insignia of a member of the Order of Malta - Knight of Honor and Devotion. I will not give my head, but it seems to me that it is this one.
    P8270056.JPG

M.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi M

Now we are talking bringing the detail out ....looking good

Found these pics on Pinintrst

Happy benchtime

Nap

IMG_1466.JPG IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1468.JPG
    Tonton and Marcin Morawski like this.
  18. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Thanks a lot, Kev (y) . It made it very clear, especially when it comes to the cord on the cap. Now it's painted and in its place.
    P8280059.JPG P8280060.JPG

Dust brush and tassel...

P8280061.JPG P8280067.JPG

M.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi M

That headwear certainly looks good , look forward to the dust brush etc being in place

Thanks for updates

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Tecumsea likes this.
  20. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Well.
    I managed to get to the final.
    P8300075.JPG P8300076.JPG P8300077.JPG

Thank you all for your support!
    Tonton, Nap and Old Pete like this.