1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Primus Pilus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello guys, this is what I'm doing now, this is my first 75mm a nice scale for me not too big not too short, the face is almost finish I hope to post more steps very soon...
    Hope you like it

cheers

ER :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Ernest,
    Firts impression looks good. I will follow you, because I intend to start with this figure as well after I have finished the 200mm one. Mr. Navaro did this one up here a few months ago. I think he's posted in his gallery. So maybe you can pick up a few tips overthere ;)
    Good luck and keep us posted :)
  3. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Ernest,

looks good so far. I keep close.

Cheers,
    Markus
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ernesto, my friend excellent work on the face, it looks realistic.

Looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto.

I am pretty sure that you can get the best out of this figure. I really looking forward to your finish. It is gonna be great.

Marc
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hey guys thanks for your comments :) I'm glad that you like the start, here some more progress, the metal parts....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Ernest.
    Your figure is progressing fine.
    I think it's too dark around the eyes and you shuld work a bit more the transitions in the face.
    The metals look good
    regards
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks Jaume :) the face is still in progress, maybe I will add some medium tones in the face and more lights around the eyes, thanks for the advice...
    cheers

ER
  9. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Nice job so far Ernest. The flesh tones are looking realy good but Jaume has a good point. Just a tad too dark around the inside/lower eyes. Some tones should lighten this right up. The mail looks fantastic. It's really looking good. Looking forward to what it will look like finished.

Jim Patrick
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting, Ernesto. The mail is excellent! And I don't know if I fully agree about the facial skin tones. The darkness around the eyes kind of makes a more dramatic effect. But what do I know about painting.....

However, is it just me or does this figure look out of proportion. Maybe it's just that part of it is painted and part isn't, I don't know. The head looks too small for the rest of the body. The middle part of the body looks too elongated. ?? Anybody agree/disagree?

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Dan, thank for your comments, I'm still working in the face right now :) the pics look a little bit dark but I hope the nexts pics will be better. About the proportions yes at first sight the figure looks with a small head, maybe is because the volume of the cap, I don't know :( but with I count the heads with the body are about 8 heads, that's means is ok for a tall person, but will be more real with 7 heads for all the body, still the sculpt for me is fantastic but maybe not perfect ;)
    take care
    ER
  12. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    well I toke my time tonight to work a little bit more wth the face, adding more light around the eyes and some other light details and transitions, thanks agian for the advice Jaume, this time I add more lights to the pictures...hope you like it :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    (y) ;) MUCH better!

Jim Patrick
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Ernest............I still find myself drooling over your viking.
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent face there Ernest. Your additions really improved him a lot.
  16. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thank a lot Kisifer an Guy for your comments :) I hope to post more progress soon...
    cheers
    ER
  17. jaime Member

Spain
    Excellent work on the face and metals.

I'm looking forward your next step.

Jaime
  18. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Muchas Gracias Jaime.... :)
  19. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    WOW ! Ernesto my friend , next masterpiece incoming ! :eek:

Best regards ..........and again WOW ! :)

Jacek
  20. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks Jacek :) I was watching your lastest works and are Amazing, do you anly paint WW2 figures?

take care
    ER