1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Priming Resin busts/figures

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by TERRYSOMME1916, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    Before switching to an airbrush, I used Games Workshop/citadel primers and always got good results. Games Workshop store is easier for me to get to than Halfords. Now I am considering taking the airbrush etc out of the modelling room, I will be going back to rattle cans for primer.
    Geoff Charman likes this.
  2. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Graham I tried the Army Painter and Games Workshop primers as I thought that they would be produced for painting wee small figures and therefore should be really fine when sprayed but they where bad so I tried a Halfords and didn't get a result with that so I have now arrived at the Tamiya which I had to get online but its the best one yet.
    TERRY
    Graham likes this.
  3. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Like Mr Surfacer 1000 spray can...super thin, super smooth.