1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Previous Figures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Just wondered if anybody could give some helpfull advice for painting, I have only been painting for 3 years and need to reach another level.... thanks in advance

Dave

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Hi Dave,

Welcome. It's hard to judge by the photos, but it looks like you're doing alright. Where do you want to go? Do you have any specific questions?

Lou
  3. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Dave,

Sorry can't help you there. I paint in oils and have never been able to blend acrylics no matter how many times I've tried.

Lou
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Dave, I'm certianly no master when it comes to painting with acrylics but it would seem all your colors are in the right place. I like how you tie all your colors in and they have a nice dirty/worn look to them. One thing that does strike me, it seems you don't take your highlights and shadows far enough. All over the figures. Just a little more contrast, especially in the highlights. Again though, overall, I like your figures and it will not take much more for you to go to "that next level".

Keep us posted,
    Jim Patrick
  5. mahross New Member

Dave - Your figures look fine. I think you just need to keep on painitig and you iwll probably find that you improve naturally as you come to understand the medium you are using better.

Ross
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave,

I've been painting figures for twenty years with acrylics and my figures don't anything like yours. You're doing fine.

(y)