1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Preview of a Regency period Life Guard

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by moz, May 15, 2013.

1. moz A Fixture

England
  2. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Moz, Very impressive. The details are very crisp, and really stand out. Beautiful sculpting. Regards, SG
  3. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Very nice mate
    My type of bust
    Superb as always and very elegant
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Moz ,

Oh double pooh , I love this the crispness of detail all over looks great especially like the aguilette and the helmet details ..lovely ...nice face as well ...and he has the waterloo medal(y) .

Definately one for me this one ...well its my birthday in November !!!!

Look forward to this being released ...soon ...so whoever is put me down for one:)

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In the name of the wee man Moz ,this is outstanding

Ron PS When and who will release this one
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Another cracker mate. You really do come up with a great variety of nice pieces.

Regards

Ron
  7. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a great sculpt Moz and highlights the regal uniforms of the period. It will paint up into a very colourful piece.
    Gordon
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning.
    Carl.
  9. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Very nice work with superb details!

Dan & Katka
  10. polyphemus Well-Known Member

The 1820's and 1830's are pretty neglected and this sculpt shows the potential of subjects from that era. This one reminds me I have the bust of a 2nd Lifeguard Officer 1832 sculpted by Moz for the old Roll Call range and buried away in the grey army.

Geoff
  11. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    The best of subjects, but I could be biased!

Martin
  12. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed

Steve
  13. Funky50 Guest

Wow.....yet another stunner from Moz......
  14. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    I didn't want to say anything until I checked my references but, then as now the cross belt goes over the shoulder scales!

Attached Files:

15. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Great Bust of a rare topic

Hendryk
  16. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    All i have to say is: i will buy one. :woot:
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

As I have said this is for me , I have spent the last hour or so surrounded by my references about the way the details have been sculpted .

most of mine show the crossbelt under the epaulette irrespective of rank rrhg1835.jpg

so Moz is correct ........ but also shown as being worn over !!!!!

rrhghanmer.jpg rrhg1833.jpg rrhg1825.jpg 1stlifeguards1825.jpg

The tall fur cap in the last one was introduced in 1821 and worn at the coronation of George IV in that year. It did not replace the helmet but provided an alternative. The sabretache was short-lived in the Household Cavalry and disappeared towarrds the end of the 1820s. The embroidered shabraque had pointed corners for the 1st regiment and rounded corners for the 2nd Life Guards.

.......but for the life of me I cannot find anything with the cuirass securing strap over the epaulette .on this side ..this is of course not to say that it was not worn like this over the shoulder ....have a look at the other side in the pics its being worn over another area Moz is spot on with !!!

...my thoughts are that the wear from the support would be heavy ....and these were expensive pieces of uniform.

It would be possible to rework this but that is up to the individual for me I will wait till I have stopped drooling when I have it in my hands .

Here are some pics I have been looking at ...not all I hasten to add!!!

Nap
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

Here is a nice couple of pictures of the helmet :

1stlifeguards1817.jpg
    A skull of silver decorated with gilt fittings and chin scales. The front plate had the arms of Hanover with the battle honours 'Waterloo' and 'Peninsula' scrolled above. The high crest is of bearskin.

1stlifeguards1819.jpg
    A display in the Household Cavalry Museum, Combermere Barracks in Windsor shows one of the first officer's breatplates. This item of dress was introduced later than the new helmet. At first there was a sunray plate in gilt on the front, but this pattern did not last more than a four or five years before the plain silver cuirass with gilt edges came in.

all great stuff!!!

Nap
    Funky50 and billyturnip like this.
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bags of pre release information hear Nap, looking forward to this one .Thumbs up for the pics and information {still very few smileys }

Ron
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ron ,

Like you looking forward to the release ...going to do a review on it ...whatever !!!

Have a smiley on me mate:)

Nap