1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Preview! 75mm French Zouave

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by carl reid, May 23, 2014.

1. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Colin
    The price is going to be around the £32.00 mark. I hope it does not hurt the wallet too much

Cheers

ian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Hi Ian
    You have stired a lot of interst up with this one and much deserved well done to Carl & yourself and sticking with your period of interest that is overlooked.
    Remember the "Ballonist"?
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Peter
    thanks for the kind words yes I do always looking for something different. as to the period it is such an interesting period to do with a rich vain of uniforms to look at. the 2nd Empire is great as France was involved in so Meany different conflicts from Italy to Mexico. so watch this space for more from this period.

Cheers mate

ian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Just another photo, it's an era photo colored by painting, (photos were in B&W, but was painted to be colored)
    32.jpg
  5. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Cheers again guys!

Some great reference for further projects to develop the range. I've always liked the flamboyant appearance of the Zouave uniform, there is so much for movement, almost like kilts.

Carl
  6. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Cheers Rod!

Sorry about your wallet mate... Lol!

Carl
    Paul Kernan likes this.
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Actually, that's not so bad at all... put me down for one :cool:

Colin
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    There is a wealth of beautiful uniforms from this conflict... but don't leave out the Prussian side... also some nice looking get-ups as well

Colin
    Martin64 likes this.
  9. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Colin
    I have two or three Prussians in mind, which I think will look good. will let you know when he is ready looking forward to seeing him cast myself. we are also nearly ready to launch our web site ( When my son gets his bum into gear lol) will post when up and running.
    Cheers

ian
  10. swralph A Fixture

This is a very nice figure.Well sculpted
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Maybe a Prussian Infantryman defending against the Zouave's bayonet attack... That'd make a cool vignette :cool:

Colin
    zane666 likes this.
  12. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Colin

That sounds interesting and would make for a good vignette you never know will keep it in mind

Cheers
    Ian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  13. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic figure and a must have for me as a Franco-Prussian War nut! What about a Bavarian figure rather than a Prussian figure defending! That would be a great uniform contrast!
    Cheers
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent idea!
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Watford yes the Bavarian uniform looks good and would be a great piece to do. Again we are looking at doing more from the Franco Prussian war along with the two we have out now. we have a Zaouve Officer almost finished he is carrying the flag ( was shown on PF a while ago as work in progress from Chris) that should be out by the end of July.

we do intend to do the Germans in due course so watch this space.

cheers

ian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  16. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Ian
    Looks like it's going to be a good year for us Franco-Prussian war nuts;)) will you be posting on PF when the figures are for sale?
    Any plans in the future for producing Austro-Hungarian army figures for the 1859 or 1866 wars? It seems a rather neglected Army in the figure world because I can't seem to find figures available for these conflicts other than the super one by the Cannone brother but sadly they are not commercially available :((
    Cheers
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  17. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Watford

We have two more from the Franco Prussian War that are out now French Inf in winter sheepskin, & a Garibaldi Volunteer with foul weather hood, both 75mm. we had photos of them on here a couple of weeks ago they are both £28.50 plus £2.50 P&P.

We are looking at different armies from this period so keep an eye open for future releases.

Cheers

Ian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  18. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ian I'll check out the images on PF; do you take paypal or are you going to be at Oundle? If you are I can pay cash if you'd prefer.
    Cheers
  19. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Perfect pose. Is he alone or is his opponent on the way?

Martin
  20. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Watford I will be at Oundel and yes I do take pay pal I should have the Zaouve for then too. I don't have a stand but Richard from Oakwood studios lets me put a few kits on his stand. If you want anything sooner then please PM me. The Zaouve will be £32.00 the other two are £28.50.

Martin he is alone at the moment but we do have an zaouve officer coming out very soon which will look good with him. we may do an opponent but we have other projects in the pipe line.

Cheers guys

ian