1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Preview 10th Tennessee, Irish Brigade. 1:9th bust

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by carl reid, Feb 5, 2014.

1. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I'm in for one of these.
    carl reid likes this.
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Troiani is one of the best for detail and accuracy; also,not to short DT is John Paul Strain.(detail..exceptional).
    Why in the hell did I even respond to this post other than the fact that I "Want One"..................................
    ..........Good night brothers...............Wayne
    carl reid likes this.
  3. carl reid A Fixture

England
    I totally agree Wayne!

Troiani is probably the best sourse of reference with regards to ACW.
    You can't go too far wrong if you follow his lead.

Carl
  4. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just a quick note to say pre orders will go out tomorrow

Many thanks

Stuart
  5. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    I've received this one a week or so ago & I must say it's brilliant, great detail, superb sculpting & very well casted.
    Cheers
    Jim(y)
  6. Nap Moderator

England

James ...It is a cracking piece and is a BUST ...without theose leggy things ...not that you are planning to put any on eh mate!!!!...as if Mmmmmmm:angelic:

Nap
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    You know me mate!!!.....;) ...The preliminary work's already done!...They don't call me Evans the legs for nothing...Here's a clue: have a look at my avatar!:)
    Cheers
    Jim
    carl reid likes this.
  8. carl reid A Fixture

England
    You must be doing a member of the Tennessee cross dressers then Jim... lol

Carl
    napoleonpeart and Jimbo like this.
  9. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Anything goes' in my book Carl!!;)
    Cheers
    Jim(y)
  10. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Just received mine. Awesome!!!!! (y)
  11. Nap Moderator

England

Oh hevans help us all :eek: :facepalm: ...trouble is guys ...when wearing stockings Jimbo or should I say Jimbolina's:love: legs always snags the stockings on the hairy legs ....I believe he tried to use a dermel but to no effect:nailbiting: !!!

Looking forward to seeing the legs ...the busts not yours mate (y)

Happy days are when the sun is shining and I am either on PF or painting .....Ye hah:)

Nap

PS ..Yes James I am still living !!!!!
    Jimbo likes this.
  12. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys
    Got mine Yahoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!, its awesome as Jim said cracking sculpt wonderful subject , thank you Carl for the sculpt ,Stuart for the cracking service and Jimbo for the use of his letter box lol , yes fellas Jimbo had the look of legs in his eyes when i saw him today lol
    Cheers Chris
    Eludia and Jimbo like this.
  13. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    Had a sit down , and got it out of the box, very crisp the facial sculpt is wonderful,an absolute minimum of cleaning up , and not of the type where you have to count fingers ,or even get out the dreamil and have to put a mask on .
    Even held together with blue tack fit is fantastic .its the type of bust you just want to start getting some primer on and colour . Found a colour print and think I might put a blanket across him and quite like the one on the fella in the picture .get out and buy this it is cracking .
    Cheers Chris image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Bimmer3.5csl likes this.
  14. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I must agree with all of you on this, it is a fantastic bust. Got mine the other day from Mr. Stu.....great service also, 6 days from the U.K. to Iowa.
  15. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I agree I had issues with my PayPal and had to go another route ordered Friday got it Saturday awesome service Stuart .
    Cheers Chris
    Jimbo likes this.
  16. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mine is already on the bench and painting is underway. Just a bit uncertain about the top of the flag as it is quite wide and needs to somehow have the spear head attached, need some sort of reference picture for this. Cracking kit and very excited about getting stuck into this one.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  17. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Open Box Reviews Please...(y)
  18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Even by your own stellar standards Carl, this is outstanding.

- Steve
  19. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Thanks Guys!

I saw a the on Saturday, and I must admit the casting was superb, clean, crisp with almost no clean up. Stu has done a sterling job.

I look forward to seeing a few painted.

Carl
  20. kilsh Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    All

Which Troiani book does the image come from please, also what other references have the various other images come from

I want to read up on the subject whilst painting it.

Cheers

Neil