1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

present for Longstreet

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by petermh, Feb 20, 2006.

1. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This small vignette comprises two art girona figures some andrea spares and a historex horse.
    Many people have commented on the expression on the face of raul latorre's confederate cavalry sergeant this vignette tries to convey a reason why he is looking so self-satisfied.
    one of the cofederate cavalry's primary roles was raiding to supplement the army's supply of arms and ammunition.The vignette depicts the cavalry sergeant proudly presenting a case of captured spencer repeating rifles to general Longstreet.
    The figures do not lend themselves to conversion so I restricted myself to personalising them.I gave the sergeant a pistol holster (strangely missing from the kit) and another pistol stuck in his belt .To covert the officer to Longstreet I filled out the beard and gave him a hat similar to one I had seen Longstreet depicted wearing. I also added sleeve braiding. Both figures were given historex swords which I prefered to the one's supplied.To complete the vignette I added the horse with andrea saddlery and the broken fence
    Your comments/critism would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Peter, from what I can see from the pictures, you did a good job.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Peter, Interesting vignette. Is this based on an actual incident?~Gary
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Peter - Interesting vignette! Could you show us some more photos? I'm always surprised when guys post their dioramas, figures, whatever, but only give us one view. You spent hours and hours converting, building and painting - now's your time to show it off, Pete! The crowd clamors for more photos!!! ;) :)

All the best,
    Dan
  5. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    thanks for the comments the scene is purely from my imagination I seem to be having some difficulty posting more than one picture at a time

Attached Files:

6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Peter.

You would have to use an outside storage for photos to be able to post more than one pic at a time.

try this for image storage......and its free. Just remember to reduce your image sizes as you will use up all your free bandwidth if you don't.

kitpic image storage - click here
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Peter,

I like the setting of the figure's. It really tells a story.
    Good job.

Marc
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great vignette Peter, have you any more like that? :)

Roger.
  9. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    guy
    thanks for the tip re photo storage.
    roger
    nice to hear from a fellow yorkshireman,since I took early retirement three years ago and returned to the hobby after a gap of many years I have completed quite a few figures (virtually all a c w). I hope to create a gallery on planet figure in due course
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Peter, Though that's okay, try an actual event some time. there are some excellent books out there that cover various incidents in detail that lend themselves well to being done in miniature.

Maybe you could try a PHOTOBUCKET account. I also believe there is information on Pf on how to post multiple images.~Gary