1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Premier Miniatures BYR 54-03 Viking Guard

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a figure from the range of figures from Premier Figures available exclusively from Michael von Kolpinski De of Bunte Rock Miniatures based in Germany.

main1.jpg

The figure comprises of nine white metal parts. The figure is 54mm in scale. The parts are supplied in a foam lined box with colour box art illustrations. A close examination of the parts show a good level of detail and clean casting of all parts with minimal clean-up of very small casting seam lines.

IMG2.jpg IMG3.jpg

Three views of the head and face show the detail in the chain mail and facial features.

IMG4.jpg

A close up of the main one piece torso casting showing good detail and clean casting.

IMG5.jpg

Both sides of the shield visible to show the close up detail. Also the sword and hilt.

IMG6.jpg

The hands are cast to the axe shaft and locate well into the wrist sockets. Test fit of the arms to the main torso is good. I also test fitted the head and small dagger to the front of the figure as indicated in the photo below. The figure comes with a basic rectangular white metal base.

IMG7.jpg IMG8.jpg

Conclusion:
    I had never heard of this range of figures before until recently and was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box to this kit and saw the parts. Very well cast with good level of detail. Test fitting of parts is great and there is only the normal amount of minimal clean-up that you would expect from a high quality white metal kit. Highly Recommended.

Availability:
    Exclusively from Der-Bunte-Rock http://www.der-bunte-rock.com/
    Tommi
    milten2004, Guy and Redcap like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These Premier Miniatures figures are quite nice. I picked four of 'em up at Euro in September (including this one which IIRC was the only one with colour box art).

Also at Euro I put my name down to be notified about their web site which was supposed to be starting up "soon", but so far I've heard nothing more about it. Hopefully they're still a going concern.

- Steve
  3. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tommi. I also picked this figure up at Euor and was very pleasantly surprised as well. Compared alongside my Pegaso 54mm Norman & Viking figs, it certainly holds it's own and the dry fit of parts was excellent.

I hope this range develops.

Gary
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve

I only got the figures sent to me recently so hopefully all is well.

Gary

Did not see you sneak that one past me at Euro mate! Yes, definatly not to be underestimated in the market place.

Cheers
    Tommi
  5. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    I had a doubt about this company figures, but thanks to this review I do not have it any more. Excellent review, excellent figure. Must have for me.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Resurrecting an old thread I know but I was wondering what the status is with these guys.

Anybody know?

I found some figures of theirs on sale on the Der Bunte Rock web site, but 3 of the 4 that I bought at Euromil last year appear to be no longer available (only the Viking is still listed) and I've not been able to find them anywhere else on the web.

It would be a shame if they've gone under, as their first releases showed great promise.

- Steve
  7. Augie Active Member

United-States
    This is a new line for me as well--apparently all is well. Chuck posted eight figures today , which makes for a total of 9 that he has in stock.

Hope this helps!

Augie