1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Predastore 28mm figure

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by gilbertmoreno, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gilbertmoreno Member

I am not one to try and downgrade or put down anyone, but I felt strongly about an experience I had with a vendor online and felt it merited me cautioning other potential buyers.
    The vendor is: http://www.predastore.ch/
    I purchased a 28mm resin figure of the "Bone-Hunter, sculpted by Allan Carrasco".
    Anyone who is familiar with the fantasy/science fiction part of our hobby will recognize
    Allan Carrasco as one of the top artist in this field.
    I made my purchase based on the pictures of the original sculpt and artist.
    Realizing that there are limits as to what can be done when it comes to casting a part, I still expected a decent casting.
    I have included pictures of what is depicted on their website and pictures of what I received.
    The greens are of course pictures of the original sculpt from their site and the grey primed are the figure I received.
    It is obvious to me that this was not a good casting and I totally understand that this sometimes happens.
    When I opened the package and inspected the part I immediately tried to contact them through there website but got no response, this went on for a while.
    Then I finally was able to contact them through a different address on their site.
    I sent them the pictures you see here but they still claimed there was nothing wrong with the casting they sent me!
    I asked them to send me a replacement part which they said they could not do.
    Finally they agreed to refund my money and they have.
    I had to pay the shipping to return their part. I asked them to refund me the shipping cost which they have refused to do.
    I don't think this is fair since the part I was returning was bad in my opinion and not just because I had changed my mind and wanted my money back.
    For me its not really about the money but rather about being mislead as to what I would get, their lack of response and how they refused to acknowledge that there was any problem.
    I would caution anyone who contemplates doing business with this company.
    bone-hunter1.jpg bone-hunter2.jpg bone-hunter.jpg DSCN4702.JPG DSCN4697.JPG DSCN4696.JPG DSCN4700.JPG DSCN4698.JPG
    Joe Hudson likes this.
  2. saxon66 Member

United-States
    Oh God YEAH!!! That's a really bad casting. Especially on the head and 'hair'. A hell of a lot of detail has gone, and lots of bubble-holes as well. Quite right to send it back Gilbert. And to be treated like an inconvenience...poor service all round.

Boo to predastore!!
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Geez thats a massive difference in the two qualities from the master to the casting. I would have bought this figure from the master pictures as well, as they are brilliant, but what you recieved is downright ludicrous. I wouldn't have the B**Ls to have sent this out as a casting and charge someone for it!!!!
    Ben
  4. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    It's a shame what they've done to a really neat model. I suppose yours could be just a fluke and the rest are fine... but based on their response I'm more inclined to believe all their figures look like that casting. Next time I see a figure advertised with only pictures of the master model I'll have to think twice before ordering.
  5. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I ordered their female predator and it was fine, they did however ship me the wrong figure the first time but sent me out the correct one very quickly. It is too bad they won't fix your problem, have you tried this email office@predastore.ch?
  6. gilbertmoreno Member

Yes I did Mike but to no avail.