1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Prayer of the Blues and Royals

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by martin tabony, Feb 26, 2014.

1. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    Just to show support for my fellow Household Cavalrymen after yesterday's terrible decision.

O Lord Jesus Christ who by the Holy Apostle has called us to put on the armour of God and to take the sword of the spirit, give thy grace we pray thee, to the Blues and Royals that we may fight manfully under thy banner against all evil, and waiting on thee to renew our strength, may mount up with wings as eagles, in thy name, who livest and reignest with the Father and the Holy Ghost, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

Gra30, napoleonpeart and Paul Kernan like this.
  2. Don Well-Known Member

We must hope that pressure on the PM will cancel that most stupid letter which seems to be above the law and the guilty face justice at last.
    RIP

Don
    Gra30 and Paul Kernan like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    We are all with you on this Martin ...stupidest decison ever .

Nap
    Gra30 likes this.
  4. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks lads, you can imagine the fury of all the Household Cavalry brotherhood, especially those of us who were serving at the time! There is talk of a petition, I'll keep you posted.

Martin
    Gra30 likes this.
  5. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

It is crazy Martin, I hope it is resolved as it should be mate and the government grow a pair.
    The same of Deal, I don't think they were ever caught or certainly not charged, I was in my second year there then.
    All the best mate
  6. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
    They've had the bomb maker in custody and he was released thanks to do gooders like Eddie Izzard! And now this in the same year that terrorists are being given compensation from our government!:mad:
    No PTSD treatment then, and the survivors are still suffereing not to mention what happened to Mick Pederson!
    Martin
  7. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

We wanted to put the Deal bombers in a room with the wives and to let them sort it out
    Don and martin tabony like this.
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Missed that....wots up? I initialled thought you lot were referring to a disbandment or another merger but no, a Northern Ireland historical issue?

Collin
    baronband likes this.
  9. polyphemus Well-Known Member

10. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi crf,
    unfortunately not a historical issue, we have just found out that 187 of the most wanted "on the run" terrorists have secretly been given pardons (and have had them for years). It feels for people like me a real stab in the back. I for one was still hunting for some of these until 2007 when actually our own leaders were working to keep them safe. But part of the deal to pardon these 187 terrorists was that Soldiers would not receive the same immunity. Every one i know that were involved in 40 years of Op Banner now feel betrayed to say the least.

John
  11. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Politicians...slime worms. Slime worms...politicians. No difference. Come to think of it, I'm probably defaming the slime worms.

Dan
    Don and baronband like this.
  12. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I know how you feel mate, i was a Royal Engineer in NI as a high risk searcher (bomb hunter in todays jargon) then spent 15 years in NI in the Royal Irish Regiment. I lost good friends and we believed we were still looking for the murderers, to find out now that they have been living normal family lives with secret pardons is sickening. Now we have to see them having compensation claims being considered, making money on writing books about their "exploits" and old soldiers being forced to return to NI to attend court to defend themselves. The world has been turned on its head

John
    Don, martin tabony and polyphemus like this.
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Wow...and I thought our lot were slimy.....come to think if it and given the chance.....

Colin
    Don likes this.
  14. martin tabony Well-Known Member

United-States
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Meanwhile, BBC News Channel's chief political correspondent Norman Smith has said some Conservative MPs want the threat of prosecution of paratroopers involved in Bloody Sunday to be lifted following the collapse of the Downey case.
    He said one MP told him: "I'm damned if they should be given an amnesty and former soldiers left hanging there; uncertain over whether they might face prosecution."

Nice to see there is one MP with a spine albeit a small one as he wasn't named