1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Praetorian Tribune, Pegaso 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 8, 2013.

1. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Tony, great job your doing here, will be following this.

Barrie.
    Redcap likes this.
  2. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony
    Coming together really well, love the work on the shield ,great job .
    Cheers Chris
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Barrie & Chris, I appreciate you guys taking the time to post your comments.

This is turning out to be an epic project. Not just because of the size of the figure, but the extra time I'm spending on it.

Rather than rush it to get it finished, I'm taking my time and opting for the harder, longer road. I hope it will make all the difference in the end.
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Latest update pics. Shield is about 90% complete. The figure is still only 70% done. A lot of little details still to be done.
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

As you can see from the attached pics, I've now glued the left arm carrying the sword to the body, and I have also tacked the right hand carrying the shield to the right arm.:eek:

You may also observe that the feathered plume in the helmet is now black, when it was previously red.:whistle: I was convinced to change the colour of the fethared plume after an exhaustive experiment conducted by Gary Gates on MedRom Forum proved that Roman's probably wouldnt have had the ability to dye feathers to a brillaint red/ scarlet colour, and if they did, the amount of dye involved and the time required would have been ridiculous.:notworthy: Black on the other hand was a very easy colour to dye feathers, and a simple choice for me. I haven't highlighted the black yet.

I still have plenty of small fiddly details to work on, but as you can see, this figure is now more or less complete and the next step will be to put him on a base.
    IMG_1297.JPG IMG_1298.JPG IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG IMG_1301.JPG IMG_1302.JPG
    MCPWilk, blabsy, NickM and 2 others like this.