1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Poste Militaire....

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by fogie, May 9, 2019.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    One and the same , such a pity David had to close the shop, l always enjoyed my trips to bath, such a beautiful city and the shop was a bonus.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England

Yes that's the shop , no more there and he now lives in Westbury , selling on line and eBay

Nap
  3. cinimod Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I used to visit Bonapartes when ever we went to Bath and always came away having bought something. Lovely little quaint shop with loads of models, magazines and lots of painted examples on show for us mortals to admire, but not much room to swing a oooo paint brush let alone a cat............dom
    Nap likes this.
  4. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    quote="Wayneb, post: 1125562, member: 6925"]I'm surprised no one has said anything about the superb Indian busts sculpted/ produced by Poste Militaire.[/quote]

9A6DCE3B-6F8C-4895-A88A-FD8C1E44E815.jpeg 47EF2FCC-22B5-4D7D-82DA-1CEA19F4264D.jpeg 44E9E76D-A91F-41E2-B5C3-A71FA956E27C.jpeg
    Jed likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Had this pair locked away for years... Unfortunately my skills weren't up to it and back in the stash they went...

Billy[/quote]

If you every want to find them a home .........

Nap
  6. Ray Stout Well-Known Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that Julian Lamb was planing to re-release these Busts, along with the Mandam Indian with the Top Hat and Cigar. Ray
    Nap likes this.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    I recall that too, seems to have died a death.
  8. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Just picked up on this thread. Boy does it make me feel OLD:grumpy:

Phil
    Nap and akaryu like this.
  9. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Understand that feeling, but in any decent native culture, we'd be considered WISE men, sitting around a fire, telling tall tales, drinking potent beverages and passing around a smoke!

Sadly, modern times have seriously interfered with that lovely prospect!

Pierre
    Babelfish, Airkid, OldTaff and 2 others like this.
  10. custer760 Well-Known Member

Was lucky enough to find on Zinnfiguren Peter Evers site the pawnee bust for 20 euros.....So of course I bought it....lovely sculpt.....Also got some cheap Harton busts.Peter is closing up Shop and has loads of goodies on offer,also bought the Almond Buffalo Bill for 25 euros.
    Regards
    Pete
    Billy Dickinson likes this.
  11. Banjer A Fixture

England

He did release them under his company Lamb & Flag but I think that has either ceased trading or gone over to jewellery making.

I'm glad I got them when PM first issued them, lovely pieces.

Bill