1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Poste Militaire Viking

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Don Well-Known Member

Good to see it finished Davy, looks even better now. Hope you will bring him next week so I can get a proper look. Shield looks super

Brian, its nearly as good as yours (?)

Don
    rej likes this.
  2. Keith Durham New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi David,

You've done a stunning and very atmospheric job on this one !
    As ever, your paintwork is incredibly subtle - the treatment of the metalwork is astonishing ! This was the first figure that I designed for Ray Lamb back in 1985 and it was also the first figure by anyone other than Ray to be released under his Poste Militaire banner.
    As a consequence, THE VIKING CHIEFTAIN has always been an important milestone to me. Over the years I have seen many versions of the figure - and without doubt, this one has got to be one of the very best !
    Thanks for making such an excellent job of it - you've made an old guy very happy. (especially as it has just been described in a previous thread as a 'dumpy/dwarfish' sculpt !)

Well done mate,

All the Best,

Keith
  3. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Hi David. Beautiful job on this! I have the same fig built and awaiting a slap of paint on it. You might have inspired me to get back to it!

Gary
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks everyone for all your wonderful comments, very much appreciated.Thanks Keith so glad you like it, I always enjoy painting your amazing work, would be nice to see something new from you ?

Cheers David
  5. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Excellent paintjob on this lovely classic piece, David!
    Great choice of colors, mate!
    Eddy
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Eddy for your kind words.

Cheers David
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David, excellent painting and groundwork , any chance this will be making it's way to Sword & Lance next month. Hope so.

Cheers Ken
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Outstanding work.

marc
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Ken and Marc, yes Ken it will be at Sword & Lance see you then.

Cheers David
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend!!
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great stuff Dave. Love that shield

Steve
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Probably the best rendition of this figure that I've seen anywhere. Real 5-Star stuff.

- Steve
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Chris,Steve and Steve for your very kind comments much appreciated.

Cheers David
  14. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great result dave,you like these post militaire figures dont you,as i said on your previous post militaire figure its great to see these figures again,nice work mate (y)