1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Poste Militaire 70mm Conquistador WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Sep 30, 2010.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ben and Mark, Thank you both very much for your best wishes, they must have worked. My wife was released from hospital this evening without having surgery.:D

Ben, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to come around to your place to paint on Sunday mate. I'll call you if I can't make it, otherwise I'll see you there.:cool:

I've been working on base coating the Conquistador tonight. I've chosen rather earthy colours for my paint palette, and will add stripes to the hose. The metallics are just basic at this stage, but I'm going for a two-tone metal finish on the breast-plate.(y)

Attached Files:

Steve likes this.
  2. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hey Bud,
    glad to see I'm not the only one to have the classic figure bug!
    Good news on the missus mate, bit of a worry!
    Not seen that Dragoon from Kirin yet?
    Keep up the good work.......
    Best Regards
    Paul
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Paul,

Good to hear from you mate, I hope you're well.

Thanks for your comments on the figure, and the missus.:)

Here are the latest wip pics. Still base coating, no shading or highlighting completed yet.

Attached Files:

Keith Durham likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is gonna be great.
    I always love this figure.

marc
  5. Ferris A Fixture

This is coming along nicely Tony.
    The stripes on the pants are excellent already!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  6. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Good progress Tony and looking good. Glad alls well with the missus.
    Barrie
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Marc, I've always loved this figure too mate. Hopefully I can do it justice.

Hi Adrian, thanks for your comments mate. The stripes have been shaded and highlighted a bit since the last pics and hopefuly look more natural now.

Hi Barry, thanks for your comments about the figure and about my wife. I'm happy to report good progress on both fronts.

I've posted the latest pics which show some progress on shading and highlighting.

As always I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Attached Files:

Steve likes this.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work overall. Maybe some pictures without flash.

Marc
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony,like the work youv'e done with this piece,i have never paintd a post militaire kit but i know they're exceptional quality as i remember seeing the pieces on display at previous Euro's when Ray Lamb / Post Militaire attended,i have a colour photograph of this figure completed by Brian Stewart which is stunning,you have made a lovely start on it and i love the striped breeches,good luck on this one mate,i will be watching your postings,looking forward to seeing the finished piece.
    P.S : What a great shame Ray Lamb had to quit sculpting because of ill health!
    Happy Painting :cool::eek:
  10. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    TONY!

Love the face!! Thank you for showing the wip.. really helps us other folk out!

Awesome!

Kevin D.
  11. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Coming along very nicely Tony! This is a neat old figure that has held up well over the years. The stripes look well done. Following with interest . . .

Jason
  12. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent progress Tony.
    It's completion soon, isn't it?
    It's changing to a wonderful figure.
    I'm pleasant for completion.

Mitsutaka
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Marc, thanks for your comments mate, but I never use flash with my photos. Perhaps the lighting was too strong. I'll try to take better pics when I post my next update.

Hi Brian, This piece was actually sculpted by Keith Durham, but I agree that Ray Lamb was an exceptional sculptor. Thanks for your commentson the Conquistador. I'm particularly glad you like the striped hose. I wasn't sure to do it, but I'm glad I did now.

Hi Kevin, thanks mate, and it's a pleasure to show my mates on pF my progress pics. Hopefully but doing so I can help someone else and also get some constructive feedback.

Hi Jason,

yes mate it's a classic figure and one that I've being dying to build and paint for many years. I'm pleased you like the stripes. I appreciate you comments and encouragement.

Hi Mitsutaka, thank you my friend for your support, but I still have a very long way to go before this is finished. It will take me at least a month to finish painting and do the groundwork. Hopefully when it is finally finished it will look the way I want it to.
  14. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi my freind Tony,
    I think it is one of the finest miniatures of the company.
    But note that the painting you have done seems to Become even more beautiful. Very good choice of vertical lines on the pants but I think the metal has become little more shading to look and detail.
    I think the final outcome!!

Alexandros
  15. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Tony,
    hope the wee wife is OK,

as for the figure, good to see the Spaniard has dark hair, most Spaniards do.

Plus, let's face it, is is a classic piece, and I look forward to your weathering of this conquistador

Cheers
  16. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The face is very well done Tony, as is the rest. I also hope that your wifes OK now.
    Carl.
  17. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Alexandros, thank you my friend for your wonderful comments.:cool:

Hi Jamie, thanks mate. Wifey's OK and I was able to spend today painting with my mates Ben (figurelover), Chris (loosehead) and Scott (khogor).:D:D:D

Hi Carl, thanks mate. I appreciate your comments.(y)

Made some more progress today. Here are the latest pics. :)

Attached Files:

18. winston Active Member

France
    My friend Tony

Very nice paint for a great figure.

Philippe
  19. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Gets better all the time Tony,your certainly cracking on with it.
    Barrie.
  20. Mark S Guest

It looks great, Tony.The face is terrific.
    Great news about your wife hopes she's well.